Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 5 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete!]

アンケートはいらないだろう…みんなさん、からかい上手の高木さんを読み続けましょう! :partying_face:

8 Likes

まぁ、多分そうですが、開始日や人数がわかるといいですね! :grin:

7 Likes

So many great Takagi panels this week - She’s well suited to being able to control the wind I think!

6 Likes
Nothing like a little wind first thing in the morning.

6 Likes

for some reason this chapter gave me some grief…not sure if it was too much hiragana, mis-parsing in my head…new vocab…didn’t feel as easy as the others…still though

glad he doesn’t realize she’s probably been lying in wait for him to come along so she can walk to school with him…and he doesn’t even think she was watching him closely the whole time… if he did…she wouldn’t be able to tease him :rofl:

6 Likes

I had to look up はしゃぐ both times it came up because my brain just refused to make make any sense of it, for some reason, so I can definitely relate to this chapter being a touch more difficult than usual!

6 Likes

I wonder how many Japanese-to-English dictionary websites just logged people looking that one up twice in a short period of time. (I know I logged two look-ups on ichi.moe earlier today.)

6 Likes

Me too!
I nearly added it to the vocab list twice :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

everyone’s responses are pretty awesome…we all did exactly the same thing :smiley:

5 Likes

Clearly the same bag, also loving the range of expressions of the girls

Chapter thoughts

It’s funny how just last week I was saying Takagi doesn’t really show her emotions much, but now even though she’s making an impression of Nishikata, she seems to be having so much fun with it in this panel

She also seems to be actively reading his mind, which at this point doesn’t even surprise me to be honest haha

6 Likes

Another weekend approaches, and the end of the volume is very soon! The time always goes by much quicker than I expect! Shortly after I get this thread updated, I’ll be posting the participation and start date polls in the home thread, so please direct your attention there when you can! :grin:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

4 Likes

That was such a lovely chapter.

The final panel of page 131 was just so sweet. :blush:

Can’t believe we are finishing this volume next week! It’s flown by!

8 Likes

I did my reading yesterday, but wanted to wait until today to talk about the standout panel for me:

Standout Panel

First of all, obviously this is very sweet and adorable, and that’s part of why it stood out to me, but the や also was a bit odd. It’s not the first time that Takagi-san has used it, I don’t think, but it just stuck out to me this time. Initially, I was like, wait, where is this manga located again? (Shodoshima, if anyone else is curious) I halfway wondered if it was Kansai-ben sneaking in somehow. Fwiw, while it’s not Kansai-ben, Shikkoku (where Shodoshima is located by) does sometimes use や as だ in the same way as Kansai-ben, but that’s not what’s happening here, which I realized shortly after wondering about it when I was like, “Duh, follows a verb, a copula wouldn’t be there.”

Talking to my tutor about it today, she basically says it’s similar to よ or ね, and that it shows up in manga and anime a lot, but not so much in day-to-day speech, except maybe in phrases like, まぁいいや (which would just as likely be まぁいいっか). I dunno if the usage of や stood out to anybody else, but in case it did, I figured I’d share what I found on it… In retrospect… I vaguely remember a discussion about や in the first volume. Hm. I’m going to go look now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: It was Volume 2! But we did talk about it before! (Wish I’d remembered that before looking into it more deeply, but such is life. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m excited for next week’s chapter, based on the cover page, though! Looks like we finally get to see the unflappable Takagi-san somewhat shaken! :smiley:

8 Likes

Sanae has entered the chat.

6 Likes

put the cover on for the next vol and thought well heck I’d do the same for the 元 version…read the first chapter of 元 cute and easy to read :slight_smile:

edit…
read the next chapter of 元…short sweet not a lot of text…like a mini episode of the other manga :slight_smile:

元 off topic

wonder which parent the little one will take after more

5 Likes

yeah ready for the poll so I can click finished reading :smiley: hehhe

super cute !!! the last bonus chapter also cute!!!

3 Likes

I’m definitely a little late posting this week (the final week of Volume 5!). I ended up being so tired after work yesterday that I fell asleep at my desk after I ate dinner, so I ended up going to bed without updating these threads (I answered some questions in 夜カフェ yesterday, but that was while I was waiting on dinner to cook). :laughing:

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week. I’m super excited to wrap up Volume 5 and roll into Volume 6! Since the current vote on the home thread looks to be that we should start immediately, I’ll get the thread up for it this weekend!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I already read the chapter because you’re late! Shame! :bell::bell:
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

7 Likes

If I keep saying I’ll catch up later, maybe I’ll do it :pensive:

Edit: may have got the first volume of One Piece… I’ll of course try to make time for Takagi-san - shouldn’t actually be that hard to catch up since I haven’t overly struggled with any of the chapters in a while

6 Likes

I read ahead instead of doing other things that might be more important haha…not sure if who should be ashamed :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m super happy to have completed another volume :slight_smile: Looking forward to starting Volume 6!

Todays chapter made me really sad though, poor Takagi looked so upset :sob:

The bonus chapter was a cute one!

8 Likes