Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 2 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete]

Just read the next chapter. Another funny one, and Takagi was so sweet throughout (well, almost).

Some stuff I had to look up:

page 2:
γ‚„γ£γ¦γ‚‰γ‚“γ­γ‡γ‚ˆγ€‚
It seems to be an abbreviation of γ‚„γ£γ¦γ„γ‚‰γ‚Œγͺい (source), and judging from the frequency it appears online it must be a fixed expression. It basically means β€œIt can’t be done/ I can’t do it”.

γ—γ‚‡γ†γŒγ­γ‡γ€‚This is basically γ—γ‚‡γ†γŒγͺい (can’t be helped, there’s no other way), with γͺい contracted to γ­γˆγ€‚ ( source)

page 6:
γͺんけゃって A fixed expression meaning β€œJust kidding”. I’m not sure what original words it is contracted from, if any.

page 14:
やってこっか。I believe this is a contraction of γ‚„γ£γ¦θ‘Œγ“γ†γ‹γ€‚(source) (let’s do it/shall we do it)

Plot related thoughts (spoilers)

I found the last two pages hilarious, especially the all-innocent and happy Nishikata thinking that Takagi may be a good person after all. All his suspicions that were tormenting him for the whole chapter are gone, only to make him more vulnerable to the punchline. His asking for the juice back was very funny too. Don’t worry Nishikata, any kind of studying is good for you, even if it’s not useful for this specific test. :grin:

8 Likes