Teasing Master Takagi-san 😛 ・ Volume 12 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete!]

I think, given what happens in the chapter, it’s more accurate to say that it’s a test of strength without an 握力のやつ :wink:

5 Likes

Not so much a spoiler, or even fully related to the chapter other than a piece of vocab, but using Google to confirm that 栓抜き was, indeed, a jar/bottle opener meant that I got quite the product pop up as a sponsored result on Amazon.

So, uh, I guess look that up at your own risk. :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t populate the vocab list for nothing

though the experts probably forget it’s even there :rofl:

2 Likes

It would have saved me a little bit of embarrassment if I had opened the sheet instead. :joy:

2 Likes

and as a bonus for the next week or so you’ll get all that extra personalized marketing :tada:

2 Likes

Another week, another “fun” expense at work… Let’s commiserate this week by going over our 苦手なモノ with Takagi-san and Nishikata!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

4 Likes

yeah read ahead again…found some new vocab…

and been a while since had a question about some grammar but it can wait until next week (think I got it and it semi it makes sense in my head)…but anyway … until next week

:flying_saucer: :alien:

figured this ending was coming but the best part was 高木さん’s comment to 西方…

4 Likes
苦手なモノ spoilers

Seriously though, at this point mind-reading feels like the only explanation. I mean, Takagi figuring out that it’s something about breakfast from “朝からごはん” makes sense, but knowing it’s ピーマン too… like… I guess it’s a manga cliché that every japanese kid hates ピーマン?

NAZEDA!?

The guessing game didn’t make much sense to me… Energy Drinks are yellow? wat? Aren’t there like every possible flavor and color of energy drinks?

what

4 Likes
yeah...

… even the zero sugar ones I can think of 3 colors in the pantry right now…

didn’t look for them in the vending machines last year though…was too focused on trying to find the peach flavored water that we found in Asakusa…which seemed to rare in a lot of places but so yummy!!

4 Likes

Elsewhere:

ピーマンxふらいんぐうぃっちx

4 Likes

I thought the same, Nishikata finally starting to suspect that Takagi-san is omniscient (which she is). Also, how common is it to have bell peppers for breakfast in Japan? that sounds so weird to me

3 Likes

by themselves…yeah weird… but probably not that weird in japan as a side dish…

they are also a bit different in japan…i think of the large green bell peppers but the pi-man aren’t quite the same thing…they are smaller and looked like this

and are more bitter than a regular large green bell pepper… we had them at a kushiyaki restaurant…not my fav as an adult…as a kid…it would have been right up there up there with broccoli, brussels sprouts, lima beans, okra and spinach! haha

EDIT------
ah ha!!! I did take a picture of one on the plate…they are small! for scale…this is what they looked like at the kushiyaki place

3 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t have a green pepper on its own for breakfast, but I have definitely cooked it up in some tamagoyaki, as well as in rice and such, and had that for breakfast. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’m curious to know how they would do it in breakfast as well. Adding stuff to the tamagoyaki is just me being irreverent. :joy:

2 Likes

not at all irreverent… though I don’t do green peppers anymore…gives me reflux…bleh…

but ham and cheese tamagoyaki is really yummy and works well for meal prep…

2 Likes

@MrGeneric さん、木曜日だよ!

次、素晴らしい!

spoiler

間接キス!!!

4 Likes

This week:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m just now getting to reading this week’s material. I didn’t realize my prior post was actually a spoiler.

image image

2 Likes

Wait until after finishing the chapter to read.

It’s okay, I inadvertently spoiled the twist this week with my image as well. :joy:

2 Likes