Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ 惻 Off-Shoot Book Club Home Thread 惻 Currently Reading Volume 16

Iā€™ll be updating you on the thread of the first chapter then :raised_hands:
Really thank you all a lot for the help! :pray:

Great! Iā€™m totally lost when it comes to buying mangas, I really didnā€™t know where to get it. I wonder if these services you mentioned deliver to europe, and if they do, if the delivery time is 2 months or more like for amazon IT :sob:

3 Likes

Buying physical and waiting for shipping is a great way to make the time to get in some extra grammar learning :wink:

But should you want to jump in before a physical copy arrives, you can view the first chapter online by bringing up the publisherā€™s site, and select the following link:

4 Likes

Iā€™m fairly certain that CDJapan and AmazonJP will both deliver to Italy, but I guess I canā€™t say that with 100% confidence (Iā€™m in Vancouver in western Canada, so itā€™s honestly not hard to get things from Japan here).

Chatting with a friend who is in Germany, a random book they selected on AmazonJP gives an estimate of May 13-17, but I donā€™t know how comparable Italy and Germany are, to be honest (just that they are much closer geographically than Canada, so maybe itā€™s comparable. :laughing: )

2 Likes

Checking this now!

Usually if a platform delivers to Germany, it can deliver to Italy reasonably within the same timelapse :crossed_fingers: checking amazonJP and the websites I got suggested rn!

3 Likes

Glad to hear! If you have trouble with getting an Amazon JP account set up (if thatā€™s the route you decide to go), just shout out, and I can track down the post that tells you the hoops you gotta jump through. :grin:

2 Likes

Woah!! Buying it right now! I didnā€™t know mangas are so cheap, I was expecting something like 10-15ā‚¬ (15$) per piece

3 Likes

Shipping is where itā€™ll get you. But you might be able to get used manga in good quality for even cheaper, if you donā€™t mind used. Not certain how that works with third-party sellers and shipping worldwide.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if @shuly does multi-manga purchases to save on shipping.

4 Likes

Yep, they are often pretty cheap! Some series can run a little bit higher than that, but not much! For physical books, you do have to watch out for shipping though. Itā€™s often best to bundle purchases together as much as possible to save on shipping costs (either by buying full series together or buying multiple series at the same time, etc.)

For even cheaper manga, check out the Bookwalker Freebies Thread, for digital manga! That is updated once a week with a master list of all (currently) free manga on Bookwalker, and more often than not, if itā€™s free on Bookwalker, it is also free on AmazonJP! (I have amassed so many books this wayā€¦ :sweat_smile: )

Edit: Found that guide to purchasing from AmazonJP, so just as well post it!

4 Likes

I was thinking of stocking up and buying all the volumes at once. How many are there?
I saw on AmazonJP the 18th volume, is it possible?

3 Likes

I think itā€™s only released up to Volume 17. 18 would likely be a pre-order, if itā€™s showing up.

Edit: On my Amazon, it shows this bulk purchase of all 17 volumes currently available. Might make it easier if yours has that, too?

3 Likes

Iā€™m on mobile and see nothing, at the momentā€¦ as soon as Iā€™ll get access to a pc, I will check it. This would be definitely preferable as long as the 17 volumes are all delivered around a similar date :crossed_fingers: thanks a lot for citing it!

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure they probably sit in the same warehouse and would ship out together in the same parcel, given how efficiently Amazon tends to work. Iā€™d be surprised if they didnā€™t all show up at the same time. The mobile Amazon app isnā€™t the best, yeah. I just checked there, too, and the closest thing Iā€™m seeing for that is ā€œbuy the next few volumes at the same timeā€, but not the whole kit and kaboodle. Not sure why that would be. Poor app design, imo. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Exactly what I saw, and I was just tempted to throw every single volume in the chart and buy all of it this way :joy:
I will update you on this thread as soon as I buy them :handshake:
You guys have been of great help. If there is anything I can do to help you back let me know!

3 Likes

wow tagged so many times!!! @MrGeneric hahaha personally I prefer paper to digitalā€¦no batteries to die/licensing headaches and 100 years from now barring any disasters the book should still exist.

I use CDJapan and Amazon.jpā€¦both work great. For digital Bookwalker works well. The only caution (I live in the Los Angeles area)ā€¦so tariffs/duties etcā€¦we donā€™t generally get hit with those for most purchases and DHL from Japan is super fast. However, depending where you live in the EU, could be in for a surprise when it arrives as those duties are not collected by CDjapan/Amazon.jpā€¦ no idea what they are just donā€™t forget to take any of that into account.

Also I generally order quite a few books at a time as it does save a lot on shipping and right now with the Yen/Dollar valueā€¦makes a lot of sense to buy a few at a time. If you do like this author consider his 元 seriesā€¦it picks up after these two get married but the chapters are shorter and a bit easier compared with the main seriesā€¦

ā€¦or you could be like me and order all the publications this author has ever madeā€¦only did this recently after seeing many posts from other various series as well ā€¦ then CDJapan and their coupons/pointsā€¦

One last thing is contractions, there is a thread but I donā€™t remember off hand where it is of most of the common contractionsā€¦ I think @NicoleIsEnough usually links to itā€¦but @ChristopherFritz may have it alsoā€¦very useful for beginning reading.

Looking forward to having another teasing member in our group! 悈恆恓恝ļ¼

editā€¦one last thingā€¦shipping wiseā€¦CDJapan packs things super well bullet proof even!..Amazon can be hit or missā€¦just a heads upā€¦

5 Likes

You called? :joy_cat:

Itā€™s this one:

Very useful indeed.

5 Likes

I also prefer physical to digital in most casesā€¦ The lack of space in my home just means I have to make compromises. :disappointed:

4 Likes

The irony for me is that I always bought physical manga back when I lived in a single room (little space for it), and now that Iā€™ve switched to digital and much prefer it do I own a home and have plenty of bookshelvesā€¦

4 Likes

Life plans are looking like I might end up back in the States sometime in the next year or two; in that case, Iā€™ll be moving into a home instead of an apartment (Idaho home availability/pricing means I really canā€™t justify paying rent when compared to a mortgage there. Total opposite of Vancouver), so hopefully soon Iā€™ll have the bookshelves and space to indulge in my collector habits. My significant other might have some words about it, though. :joy:

Digital does have itā€™s pros; I like having access to everything on one device, and it makes look-ups a bit easier at times, too! Just something about the feel of a physical book that I like which doesnā€™t get satisfied by a tablet. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

:joy: agree!

Totally didnā€™t think of that. I never got delivered anything from Japan but every time I order a product from the States, I get it delivered with a ~100ā‚¬ additional tax :smiling_face_with_tear:

Would be interested at checking it, just out of curiosity

:raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes

@mods, I moved all of the discussion threads for Volumes 2-6 to the new Book Clubs category to try and save you some time. Unfortunately, I am just running the spin-off, though, so I canā€™t move over all of the Volume 1 discussion threads (of which there should be 10 total, 1 for each chapter and the original Volume 1 home thread), since I didnā€™t create those! 恔悁悓! :bowing_man:

2 Likes