Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Off-Shoot Book Club Home Thread ・ Currently Reading Volume 16

yay! that kinda takes off some of the pressure :smiley:

2 Likes

After reading the first volume, I’m curious about how my understanding and speed will improve if I continue the series, so I’ll be joining this too! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I renamed the title of the original Takagi-thread to include ‘volume 1’. Same goes for the discussion threads. Hope that makes it clear, but if you’d prefer for me to do it some other way, let me know @MrGeneric :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No changes necessary! Thank you!

1 Like

Do people already know that Bookwalker and Booklive have Vol. 1-4 for free until 08 09 日まで ? So if you can speed read Vol. 2 during the next five weeks before it expires, you won’t have to pay anything. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Ahaha. Much as I wish I could speed-read, I definitely am not up to that point yet in Japanese. The first volume was my first time reading a complete manga in the language. While my reading speed has increased, it’s still quite slow. :stuck_out_tongue:

But thank you for the heads-up!

5 Likes

:open_mouth: Do I dare to try?

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the heads up! Going to give them a shot if I can

5 Likes

you could try ch 1… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

seeing some posts in the Vol 1 thread…thought I’d bump this one (just in case some people missed it…)

and that reminds me…I should maybe pickup the next chapter hmm… :smiley:

6 Likes

gonna start soon!!! Can’t wait…

figured I’d pick it up again…

5 Likes

I’m super excited also! I will have the discussion thread up this coming Thursday! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you for putting vocabulary into the sheet, it truly does help a lot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

other people could do it faster I’m sure…and I’m adding stuff I know just because when I was a beginner I was annoyed that stuff wasn’t populated…don’t mind so much now but in the beginning looking up every word was a huge pain :slight_smile: we’ll see if I can stay ahead for the rest of the volume…

4 Likes

The discussion thread for Volume 2 will be going up tomorrow around 18:00 MST! I am looking forward to starting this volume with all of you this weekend! While I’m definitely enjoying Ayumu in the ABBC, I have been missing Takagi-san! :heart:

Correction: I’m putting it up tonight while I still have power to a quickly-dying laptop. The power port chose to go out on me! So I’ll get the thread up now before I have to try and write a topic on mobile. Blegh, talk about bad timing (not that there’s ever a good time for that kind of thing to go out, but you know. Guess I should actually get on building my tower that I’ve been putting off forever because graphics cards have been ridiculous).

Correction 2: I was just slightly too slow… Missed the post button by about 2 seconds before the battery died… so. Back to the original plan, and I apologise in advance for any funky formatting that may occur as a result of doing it from mobile. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thread is (mostly) up! I’ll get a poll added after work!

Teasing Master Takagi-san :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ・ Volume 2 Discussion Thread - Japanese Language / Reading - WaniKani Community

5 Likes

Ahhh, the dedication :muscle:

5 Likes

Alright, and now the poll is up, so I think the discussion thread is ready to rock and roll in its entirety.

Thankfully, I don’t have to post from mobile! Until I can get the adapter port in so I can replace it, this laptop has a USB-C charging port as a backup. It is significantly slower, but dang it, it’s functional! (I will also have my parts for the tower I’m gonna build in next week. Decided to get that project started now since the laptop is showing signs of wanting to fail on me.)

I look forward to seeing you all in the discussion thread over the weekend! I will likely try and join in the conversation Saturday. Pulling an extra shift tomorrow to try and play catch up with all my work from being sick last week. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thanks for doing all this. I’m new to doing anything on the forum. Where is the discussion thread?

3 Likes

Welcome! I’m glad to do so, though I’m a bit nervous since this is the first one I have run. Heh. The discussion thread is at the link I posted in this comment:

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

With the end of Volume 2 quickly approaching (the last chapter being on the 18th, in two weeks!), I wanted to start getting an idea of how we wanted to roll into Volume 3.

To that end, here are some polls:

Are you planning on reading Volume 3 with us?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you are, do you still need to purchase Volume 3? If yes, how are you buying it?
  • I already bought it!
  • I still need to buy it, but I plan on buying a digital copy
  • I still need to buy it, and I am buying a physical copy

0 voters

When should we begin reading Volume 3?
  • Immediately after the end of Volume 2 - September 25th
  • Two weeks after the end of Volume 2 - October 2nd
  • Three weeks after the end of Volume 2 - October 9th
  • Four weeks after the end of Volume 2 - October 16th

0 voters

4 Likes