Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Off-Shoot Book Club Home Thread ・ Currently Reading Volume 16

Alright, the polls are in, and looks like it’s unanimous! We shall pick up Volume 8 immediately after we finish Volume 7! 楽しみです!

8 Likes

Sounds suspiciously like I expect will be the case for Soredemo, as we reach the end of volume 7 this next week over there.

7 Likes

I’m a little behind this week, but the Volume 8 Discussion Thread is now up and ready to go!

6 Likes

Oops! Meant to get this up yesterday! With Volume 8’s end fast approaching, let’s make our plans for Volume 9!

Will you be joining us for Volume 9?
  • I will be there
  • I will no longer be reading along
  • I just like answering polls

0 voters

When should we start Volume 9
  • Immediately after Volume 8 (October 22nd)
  • Take a 1 week break (October 29th)

0 voters

6 Likes

aww no option for i’ll be there reading from japan coupled with i like clicking polls :smiley:

5 Likes
Will you be joining us for Volume 9?
  • I will be reading from Japan (lucky option)

0 voters

Just for you. :wink:

Hope your vacation goes great!

4 Likes

優しいジェンエリクさん!!!!

lucky…maybe…cheapest option…not really :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe if I get lucky, it could be me. :eyes:

5 Likes

yes everyone should check the box… helps build luck :smiley:

5 Likes

The votes are in, and we’ll be starting Volume 9 on the 22nd of October, immediately after we finish Volume 8! I’ll get the thread up sometime during the week! :grin:

6 Likes

Volume 9 Discussion Thread is up!

5 Likes

We are fast approaching the end of Volume 9!

Given that we have pretty much unanimously voted to roll into the following volumes each of the past times I’ve posted the polls, I was going to just make an executive decision and say we will do that until anybody wants to do otherwise. However, I just looked at the dates and realized that the start of Volume 10 would then fall during the holidays, so a poll it is!

Should we start Volume 10 right away?
  • Yes
  • No, I’ll be too busy over the holidays and would prefer a one-week delay
  • I don’t mind either way

0 voters

6 Likes

Volume 10 thread is (mostly) up! I’ll get everything corrected and updated in both this thread and the Volume 10 thread later this evening. I just wanted to get the discussion thread up for everyone as soon as possible!

6 Likes

Thank you for always hosting this book club! Much appreciated :grin:

5 Likes

I think I’m going to bow out of the club at this point. I’ll always appreciate the Takagi series for being my first book club, but at this point, I prefer stories where there is some progression.

Thanks to all the Takagi book club members, especially @MrGeneric for running the club! You all were essential to making my first book club experience an awesome one. See you all around in other book clubs!

5 Likes

aww bummer…but glad you got through 9 vol!!! and if you change your mind you can always come back :smiley:

5 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from, but it is a bit ironic you say this when our next volume starts out with Takagi and Nishikata’s daughter in middle school :wink:

7 Likes

No lie, I saw the cover art (not sure what that’s actually called) for the first chapter of the new volume in the new thread, and I thought, “Maybe one more…?”

6 Likes

10 is a round no :wink:

5 Likes

My pleasure, truly! <3

Aw, I’m sorry to see you go, but I definitely understand where you’re coming from. The door is always open if you decide you ever want to take a break and jump in to something easy-going again. :grin:

Definitely see you around though! Goodness knows I’m not dropping ny habit of joining far too many clubs anytime soon! :joy:

7 Likes