Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ 惻 Off-Shoot Book Club Home Thread 惻 Currently Reading Volume 16

seeing some posts in the Vol 1 threadā€¦thought Iā€™d bump this one (just in case some people missed itā€¦)

and that reminds meā€¦I should maybe pickup the next chapter hmmā€¦ :smiley:

6 Likes

gonna start soon!!! Canā€™t waitā€¦

figured Iā€™d pick it up againā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m super excited also! I will have the discussion thread up this coming Thursday! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you for putting vocabulary into the sheet, it truly does help a lot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

other people could do it faster Iā€™m sureā€¦and Iā€™m adding stuff I know just because when I was a beginner I was annoyed that stuff wasnā€™t populatedā€¦donā€™t mind so much now but in the beginning looking up every word was a huge pain :slight_smile: weā€™ll see if I can stay ahead for the rest of the volumeā€¦

4 Likes

The discussion thread for Volume 2 will be going up tomorrow around 18:00 MST! I am looking forward to starting this volume with all of you this weekend! While Iā€™m definitely enjoying Ayumu in the ABBC, I have been missing Takagi-san! :heart:

Correction: Iā€™m putting it up tonight while I still have power to a quickly-dying laptop. The power port chose to go out on me! So Iā€™ll get the thread up now before I have to try and write a topic on mobile. Blegh, talk about bad timing (not that thereā€™s ever a good time for that kind of thing to go out, but you know. Guess I should actually get on building my tower that Iā€™ve been putting off forever because graphics cards have been ridiculous).

Correction 2: I was just slightly too slowā€¦ Missed the post button by about 2 seconds before the battery diedā€¦ so. Back to the original plan, and I apologise in advance for any funky formatting that may occur as a result of doing it from mobile. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thread is (mostly) up! Iā€™ll get a poll added after work!

Teasing Master Takagi-san :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 惻 Volume 2 Discussion Thread - Japanese Language / Reading - WaniKani Community

5 Likes

Ahhh, the dedication :muscle:

5 Likes

Alright, and now the poll is up, so I think the discussion thread is ready to rock and roll in its entirety.

Thankfully, I donā€™t have to post from mobile! Until I can get the adapter port in so I can replace it, this laptop has a USB-C charging port as a backup. It is significantly slower, but dang it, itā€™s functional! (I will also have my parts for the tower Iā€™m gonna build in next week. Decided to get that project started now since the laptop is showing signs of wanting to fail on me.)

I look forward to seeing you all in the discussion thread over the weekend! I will likely try and join in the conversation Saturday. Pulling an extra shift tomorrow to try and play catch up with all my work from being sick last week. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thanks for doing all this. Iā€™m new to doing anything on the forum. Where is the discussion thread?

3 Likes

Welcome! Iā€™m glad to do so, though Iā€™m a bit nervous since this is the first one I have run. Heh. The discussion thread is at the link I posted in this comment:

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

With the end of Volume 2 quickly approaching (the last chapter being on the 18th, in two weeks!), I wanted to start getting an idea of how we wanted to roll into Volume 3.

To that end, here are some polls:

Are you planning on reading Volume 3 with us?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you are, do you still need to purchase Volume 3? If yes, how are you buying it?
  • I already bought it!
  • I still need to buy it, but I plan on buying a digital copy
  • I still need to buy it, and I am buying a physical copy

0 voters

When should we begin reading Volume 3?
  • Immediately after the end of Volume 2 - September 25th
  • Two weeks after the end of Volume 2 - October 2nd
  • Three weeks after the end of Volume 2 - October 9th
  • Four weeks after the end of Volume 2 - October 16th

0 voters

4 Likes

Slight bump to remind everyone who hasnā€™t voted to try and do so this weekend! I will likely close the polls this upcoming Tuesday and plan off of the results that are in by then!

4 Likes

I know I picked a late starting date but donā€™t worry too much about meā€¦taking a much needed long awaited vacation. So if you start while Iā€™m gone I can either read while camping (but no internet to update the vocab)ā€¦or catch up when I get back. No worries either wayā€¦

and I know itā€™s a long way offā€¦but one item I preordered from cdjapan is finally released!

now the rest of the books should arrive next week :slight_smile: cdjapan is so nice to hold things and gather/ship when they all arrive :smiley:

5 Likes

Enjoy your vacation! And yay! Thatā€™s great you have gotten that on the way! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

As promised, I have now closed the polls!

For those who may just be seeing this, please donā€™t take this to mean that you arenā€™t welcome to join us. The more people we have reading, the more fun this is!

It looks like (narrowly), two weeks after the end of Volume 2, we will begin, so the first week of reading for Volume 3 will begin Saturday, October 2nd.

I will get a schedule made up and posted this weekend, when I have a little bit more time to spend on the forums!

Thanks, everyone for participating! I look forward to reading the final chapters of Volume 2 this weekend with you all, and to beginning Volume 3 shortly thereafter! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

The Volume 3 Discussion Thread is now live and ready for next week!

Should anybody spot any errors I made, please let me know. I am sorely behind in sleep and am about to go crash for a little while, so I would not be surprised if I made some mistakes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I look forward to seeing everybody next week!

7 Likes

Eventually someone has to mention the missing colons in the thread title.

5 Likes

So, lesson learned: You can copy and paste the title, but it does not copy colons over. Twice now itā€™s done that to me, and I missed it. :stuck_out_tongue:

We will probably do this again in a couple months when we start the next volume. :wink:

4 Likes

Well everyone, the time has come to decide when we should roll into Volume 4 of Teasing Master Takagi-San! To that end, hereā€™s a couple of polls!

Will you be joining us for Volume 4?
  • I will be there!
  • I will no longer be reading along
  • I just like answering polls

0 voters

When should we start Volume 4?
  • Immediately after Volume 3 - December 4th
  • Take a 1 Week Break - December 11th
  • Take a 2 Week Break - December 18th

0 voters

Regardless of when we begin, Christmas this year is on a weekend. Given that I donā€™t know which holidays everyone observes, or how busy people might be during that period, I want to post a poll getting opinions on whether or not the book club should just continue business as usual during that weekend, or if we should take a break and have everybody come back the following weekend (which is New Yearā€™s).

Should we take a break over the Christmas weekend?
  • Yes, I will be too busy to participate in the club
  • No, I do not observe the holiday/I am able to keep up with the reading regardless

0 voters

Personally, I can say that I will be able to keep up with the reading, but I will likely be less participatory in the threads, as my SO will once again be visiting over the holidays, though we havenā€™t set up the schedule for that yet, so I will keep yā€™all posted when that is decided!

6 Likes

Alright, the polls have officially closed, and the results are in:

Narrowly, we will be taking a 1-week break after we finish Volume 3 on the 27th, two weeks from now, and it seems like the majority decided against taking a break over the holiday period. With those two things in mind, I will make up a schedule and have it posted in this thread next week. Volume 4ā€™s discussion thread will go up the week we are set to begin!

As an additional note, I said I would keep everybody updated on the travel plans I mentioned, previously. Dates have officially been set. From Christmas Day, through the 12th of January, while I will be keeping up with the readings, I will be less participatory in the threads themselves, basically just popping in whenever I might have a spare moment!

As always, thank you to everyone here who is participating in the club! Youā€™re all fantastic! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes