Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ 惻 Off-Shoot Book Club Home Thread 惻 Currently Reading Volume 16

I think itā€™s only released up to Volume 17. 18 would likely be a pre-order, if itā€™s showing up.

Edit: On my Amazon, it shows this bulk purchase of all 17 volumes currently available. Might make it easier if yours has that, too?

3 Likes

Iā€™m on mobile and see nothing, at the momentā€¦ as soon as Iā€™ll get access to a pc, I will check it. This would be definitely preferable as long as the 17 volumes are all delivered around a similar date :crossed_fingers: thanks a lot for citing it!

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure they probably sit in the same warehouse and would ship out together in the same parcel, given how efficiently Amazon tends to work. Iā€™d be surprised if they didnā€™t all show up at the same time. The mobile Amazon app isnā€™t the best, yeah. I just checked there, too, and the closest thing Iā€™m seeing for that is ā€œbuy the next few volumes at the same timeā€, but not the whole kit and kaboodle. Not sure why that would be. Poor app design, imo. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Exactly what I saw, and I was just tempted to throw every single volume in the chart and buy all of it this way :joy:
I will update you on this thread as soon as I buy them :handshake:
You guys have been of great help. If there is anything I can do to help you back let me know!

3 Likes

wow tagged so many times!!! @MrGeneric hahaha personally I prefer paper to digitalā€¦no batteries to die/licensing headaches and 100 years from now barring any disasters the book should still exist.

I use CDJapan and Amazon.jpā€¦both work great. For digital Bookwalker works well. The only caution (I live in the Los Angeles area)ā€¦so tariffs/duties etcā€¦we donā€™t generally get hit with those for most purchases and DHL from Japan is super fast. However, depending where you live in the EU, could be in for a surprise when it arrives as those duties are not collected by CDjapan/Amazon.jpā€¦ no idea what they are just donā€™t forget to take any of that into account.

Also I generally order quite a few books at a time as it does save a lot on shipping and right now with the Yen/Dollar valueā€¦makes a lot of sense to buy a few at a time. If you do like this author consider his 元 seriesā€¦it picks up after these two get married but the chapters are shorter and a bit easier compared with the main seriesā€¦

ā€¦or you could be like me and order all the publications this author has ever madeā€¦only did this recently after seeing many posts from other various series as well ā€¦ then CDJapan and their coupons/pointsā€¦

One last thing is contractions, there is a thread but I donā€™t remember off hand where it is of most of the common contractionsā€¦ I think @NicoleIsEnough usually links to itā€¦but @ChristopherFritz may have it alsoā€¦very useful for beginning reading.

Looking forward to having another teasing member in our group! 悈恆恓恝ļ¼

editā€¦one last thingā€¦shipping wiseā€¦CDJapan packs things super well bullet proof even!..Amazon can be hit or missā€¦just a heads upā€¦

5 Likes

You called? :joy_cat:

Itā€™s this one:

Very useful indeed.

5 Likes

I also prefer physical to digital in most casesā€¦ The lack of space in my home just means I have to make compromises. :disappointed:

4 Likes

The irony for me is that I always bought physical manga back when I lived in a single room (little space for it), and now that Iā€™ve switched to digital and much prefer it do I own a home and have plenty of bookshelvesā€¦

4 Likes

Life plans are looking like I might end up back in the States sometime in the next year or two; in that case, Iā€™ll be moving into a home instead of an apartment (Idaho home availability/pricing means I really canā€™t justify paying rent when compared to a mortgage there. Total opposite of Vancouver), so hopefully soon Iā€™ll have the bookshelves and space to indulge in my collector habits. My significant other might have some words about it, though. :joy:

Digital does have itā€™s pros; I like having access to everything on one device, and it makes look-ups a bit easier at times, too! Just something about the feel of a physical book that I like which doesnā€™t get satisfied by a tablet. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

:joy: agree!

Totally didnā€™t think of that. I never got delivered anything from Japan but every time I order a product from the States, I get it delivered with a ~100ā‚¬ additional tax :smiling_face_with_tear:

Would be interested at checking it, just out of curiosity

:raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes

@mods, I moved all of the discussion threads for Volumes 2-6 to the new Book Clubs category to try and save you some time. Unfortunately, I am just running the spin-off, though, so I canā€™t move over all of the Volume 1 discussion threads (of which there should be 10 total, 1 for each chapter and the original Volume 1 home thread), since I didnā€™t create those! 恔悁悓! :bowing_man:

2 Likes

I felt like you and I were in a competition to move all of ours over, except I could see notifications for all your moves (because theyā€™re clubs Iā€™m in) and you probably only saw one or two notifications from all my moves =P

2 Likes

Oh awesome, thanks!

2 Likes

Ahaha, I actually got around 19 notifications. Mitsuboshi Colors has a lot of threads! :rofl:

2 Likes

As we approach the end of Volume 6, itā€™s time to make some polls again!

Will you be joining us for Volume 7?
  • I will be there!
  • I will no longer be reading along
  • I just like answering polls

0 voters

When should we start Volume 6?
  • Immediately after Volume 6 (June 18th)
  • Take a 1 week break (June 25th)

0 voters

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for voting in the polls! Weā€™ll be starting right away next weekend with Volume 7! Look forward to the vocabulary sheet and discussion threads for Volume 7 sometime this weekend! I will make a post in here when those have been made! As always, I look forward to reading along with all of you! :grin:

5 Likes

We have to start right away or @mariodesu will catch up to us too quickly :laughing:

6 Likes

Iā€™m just behind a couple corners :wink::rofl:

6 Likes

We will all be looking carefully in the backgrounds of the manga for you ā€¦ if anyone can find you it will be @ChristopherFritz

5 Likes
Always keep an eye behind those corners!

8 Likes