Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 1

Well, given that it has been almost a full day and nobody else has spoken up, I have started to work on getting the home thread made! I hope to have it posted within a couple of hours, and I’ll drop the link to it in here when I feel reasonably confident that the formatting isn’t atrocious! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

lots of copy paste :wink: simple edits…and done :smiley: looking forward to starting book 2…

1 Like

Annnnd, created. Let me know if I have missed anything. I’m sure I have. :see_no_evil:

Teasing Master Takagi-san stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes ・ Off-Shoot Book Club Home Thread - Japanese Language / Reading - WaniKani Community

3 Likes

First thing, : on either side of the emoji text to turn it into the emoji :wink:

2 Likes

HA! I swear those started out there, and where they went, I have no idea. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Aside from that, my recommendations would be:

Rather than “Currently Reading”, you may want to put something to the effect of “Upcoming” or “Reading Next” until reading actually starts. For example, see Flying Witch home thread, as we’re scheduled to start the next volume in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of when to begin, useful polls can be on whether people still need to buy, and if they need time for shipping. And then you have to weigh between “do enough people have a copy to start” or “do we wait for a few more people”.

That’s all I can think off off-hand, but I’ll let you know if I think of any others. When I handled some book clubs, it was a lot of making minor mistakes along the way. Sometimes someone would point out an error and I’d fix it. Other times I’d catch one and quietly fix it, hoping no one would notice.

Edit: Once the final week of Takagi-san is complete, someone will want to move it in the book club master list thread from active to off-shoot. Likewise for the ABBC thread. Others may handle this, so I’d say keep an eye on it a few days after the Takagi volume 1 club finishes, and maybe update those if no one else gets to it first (if you feel confident in doing so).

4 Likes

Well, definitely expect a bunch of mistakes from me, as well. I have never managed this type of thing before, so I’m not totally sure what to expect, just yet. Heh. :sweat_smile:

Mistake # 2: While adding the second poll, I broke the first poll. Pretty sure I know what I did, so it won’t happen again, but lol. -.-

5 Likes

Breaking a poll is pretty much a requirement.

The other requirement is making a mistake in a poll, and not noticing until after people have voted, meaning you cannot fix it.

6 Likes

I’ll change this thread into a ‘Volume 1’ thread once the week is out and the book club is finished :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you very much for your clear explanation!!

4 Likes

Dear FokkoFenneken氏,
would you please share Teasing Master Takagisan decks again? The links aren’t active now…
Pretty please with sugar on top? :pray:

4 Likes

Seconding this sentiment.

Just discovered these reading threads and am a big fan of this series. Would love to start building my Anki with it to read it again in JP.

1 Like

Is there anyone who would be willing to share the Anki decks?

The links provided are not working. It would be greatly appreciated :grin:

2 Likes

Hm. I’m not sure if anyone still reading in the club is utilizing Anki. But just in case, @ChristopherFritz, do you use the anki decks at all?

3 Likes

I’m afraid I don’t have copies of the deck, either.

4 Likes

@parasoxical was the one that had the original thread…not sure but pinging in case

3 Likes

Thank you for your help, I think I’ll try making one myself, as the process of making one is already part of the practice for me. I’ll let you know if I have something I can share!

Also, I’m new to the reading club and the forum in general, and I’m so glad this place exists. Thank you!

Last night after work I went and bought the whole series (vol 1-18) second hand at Mandarake. I’m new to reading in Japanese, but I love the series so much that it’s great motivation for me. I hope to catch up soon with the club and join the discussion!

7 Likes

I only have the first two manga, but haven’t had time to read, lately. I suppose you already know that there are anime cartoons for at least a few of the chapters which followed the manga rather closely. #fun fun fun

According to the You Tube videos that I watched, using a computer, it is very straightforward to create decks out of data tables. Therefore, you ought to be able to use the Vocabulary lists that were already made for those manga to generate your own Anki deck. I only use my cell phone and no computer, so I haven’t made decks before…

I’m still planning to use a gigantic vocabulary table to create my own personal vocabulary Anki deck… I just never seen to get around to it. And now I am shifting all of my attention to studying for the JLPT N3 for this December, so I am only reading textbooks. :nerd_face:

Good luck, DikkeDraak!!

4 Likes

Question on the anime, episode 1x01 from the chapter 消しゴム

After Takagi fools Nishi once again with the eraser trick and asks the teacher to go to the toilet, Nishikata, frustrated, thinks “な…何(なに)かないものか…”
I’m not sure what’s so confusing about it but I’m not able to translate it. 何か is something. 何かない is “is nothing” or “there’s nothing” as well, maybe… and what about もの? It’s a bit confusing, I always vaguely grasp the overall sense but never get the nuance, unless it’s used to explain like the feminine もん at the end of the sentence.
The next line is “高木さんを辱める方法が”

Edit: now that I think of it, is this an inverted sentence? If yes, it makes a bit more sense logically. I would still like to hear a more logical breakdown tho

2 Likes

So I’ve had it my head that I am going to respond to this, and I keep forgetting. I’m about to call it a night, though, so definitely not going to be able to give this proper attention. If I haven’t responded by the morning (say in about 8-10 hours), tag me so that I remember to come back. My memory has been so bad this week. :joy:

1 Like