Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 1

Couldn’t have picked a better time, we just started :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first manga I’ll be reading in japanese although I reached chapter 9 in genki quite recently. Please tolerate my noobie questions :pray: :blush:

9 Likes

Based on the feedback regarding our pace, we’re sticking with one chapter a week. So here we go, chapter 2!

If you’re thinking about joining us at this stage, don’t worry about catching up. The chapters are standalone stories, so just join us for chapter 2 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Google sheet is fantastic. Truly, to anyone contributing to that: You have my thanks, my kingdom, and half a horse.

ありがとうございます!

5 Likes

Thread #3 is up!

7 Likes

Almost halfway there!

4 Likes
4 Likes

2/3 of the way there guys, you got this :muscle:t3:

6 Likes

I’ve opened the poll to decide which book the absolute beginners book club is reading next. Click here to go to the poll.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!! I’ve finally caught up with the ABBC’s schedule (ノ°▽°) Just a simple question, is anyone here thinking about continuing the reading of からかい上手の高木さん in an offshoot club? I would gladly join since I love 西方’s way of complicating his own life (o^ ^o)

6 Likes

I definitely am! I bought the whole series anyways, and I’m loving it. Would there be an offshoot I’d love to join in :clap:t2:

4 Likes

I’d love to join an offshoot as well!

2 Likes

(when the primary is finished…could easily jump to this also…) depending on how far along the spin offs go…

CDJapan : Karakai Jozu no (Moto) Takagi-san 1 (Gessan Sunday Comics) Yamamoto Soichiro, Inaba Mifumi BOOK

4 Likes

And that’s not even to mention the 「恋に恋するユカリちゃん」 and 「あしたは土曜日 春・夏」 series, which involve a trio of Takagi’s classmates, as well as the myriad of series involving students in other classes at the same school =D

4 Likes

I think we have sufficient material for going on and on with Takagi-San (๑>◡<๑) Let’s after the end of the first volume schedule then since the interest is there ☆彡

1 Like

don’t need any more reasons to spend anymore money…already have so much stuff I haven’t read…hehe Finally read the first chapter of some manga I bought a year ago over the weekend…that was too challenging at the time… if only it would get easier faster :rofl:

1 Like

The more you read, the more if feels like there’s a snowball effect where your ability to read grows bigger and bigger, faster and faster, until you realize you can read anything.

Then you pick up the first volume of a different series, and you say yourself, “This is Japanese? What exactly have I been learning? I can’t read any of this!”

9 Likes

Good idea. I’d like to see more suffering of Nishikata.

1 Like

very true…was able to enjoy much of that manga even having to look up a few things here and there no real grammar hurdles…and getting through a whole chapter in 2-3 hours is not something that I could do a year ago :slight_smile: any progress is good…

though you say…

(I do read your study blog…) how are those (walls of text) novels coming along :wink:
hehe I have a few I want to read but…those are much harder to get through for sure.

1 Like

:flushed: There’s a series following the three classmates!?! We haven’t seen much of them in the manga but I fell in love with them in the anime.

As much as I shouldn’t because of my workload, I’ll probably read along in an offshoot club for Takagi-san.

2 Likes