Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 7 Discussion Thread・ [Volume Complete!]

Home Thread

Previous Volume

Next Volume

Currently Reading: Volume Complete!

Summary

Middle school students Nishikata and Takagi sit next to each other in class. Takagi, who is in love with Nishikata, enjoys teasing him with embarrassing pranks and jokes. In response, Nishikata creates plans to get his revenge, but they always fail when she identifies his weaknesses and capitalizes on them.

Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 1 June 18th Chapter 1 (54) - ć…„ć­ŠćŒ 3 - 22 19
Week 2 June 25th Chapter 2 (55) - ă‚čăƒăƒŒăƒ„ăƒ†ă‚čト 23 - 38 16
Week 3 July 2nd Chapter 3 (56) - お期産 39 - 54 16
Week 4 July 9th Chapter 4 (57) - ć‚Źçœ èĄ“ 55 - 70 16
Week 5 July 16th Chapter 5 (58) - ć€§çŠ 71 - 86 16
Week 6 July 23rd Chapter 6 (59) - Tă‚·ăƒŁăƒ„ 87 - 102 16
Week 7 July 30th Chapter 7 (60) - 漝くじ 103 - 118 16
Week 8 August 6th Chapter 8 (61) - 教科曞 119 - 136 16
Week 9 August 13th Chapter 9 (62) - 玄束 137 - 154 16

No ăŠăŸă‘ this time!

Discussion Guidelines

• Please don’t hesitate to ask questions, even if you think it’s a silly question. Helping each other learn is what book clubs are all about! :slight_smile:
  • When asking for help, please include the ‘ chapter page number ’. This makes it easier for others to help you and it makes the information in this thread more searchable. The ‘chapter page numbers’ are the ones in between the panels on every page, not the ones that occasionally appear at the bottom of the page (those would be the volume page numbers).
  • Please blur out major events in the current week’s pages and any content from later in the book/series by using spoiler tags: text here.

Where To Buy

Physical: Amazon JP ‱ CDJapan

Digital: Amazon JP ‱ Bookwalker

Vocabulary

Chapter Participants

8 Likes

Is everyone ready to begin Volume 7? Looks like we are getting to see some flashbacks! :grin:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes

where’s the poll to say I already finished the vol
when do we start vol 8 :slight_smile: hehehe

I haven’t really started yet

7 Likes

Looking at the chapter titles, it looks like there might be another Yukari overlap (aside from possibly the sports test). Well, I’ll save that for when (if) we get to it =)

5 Likes

Since the poll is up already, it looks like I’m reading a day early for my usual book club week =)

Is this our first time seeing the principal?

There's a tragic episode involving this character over in Yukari Land.

(But to find out what’s tragic about it, you’ll need to read Yukari volume 3.)

I was looking for a good opportunity a while back to reflect back on the art style change since volume one, but recent activity’s probably already pointed that out.

Nonetheless...

7 Likes

I believe it is, yes. I don’t recall seeing the character before.

For the better, I think! The early art had its charm, but I think that the change to Takagi-san especially was for the better; seeming to age her down so that she appears the same age as Nishikata instead of like she is easily a year or two older was a definite improvement, I think. :sweat_smile:

Besides which, Nishikata looks much better too! :grin:

7 Likes

yeah yeah I see what you did :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I didn’t think I’d ever actually see a teacher scold Takagi-san

8 Likes

cute
 surprised to count to 19!!!

vocab sheet populated

a little late today getting started because I’ve been spending my day Japan trip planning and booking hotels in Oct (first week hotels booked)
Please open the borders properly Japan
covid is a human disease not a foreigner one
none of this group tour bs

I should read the other bookclub book but I wanna do more planning for week 2 hahaha Kyuushuu adventure!!! (still have weeks 3 and 4 in Hokkaido to work on
planning trips is more fun than reading at the moment)

4 Likes

Fingers crossed that the trip works out for you! :crossed_fingers:

Also, I meant to comment this earlier, but I love that the cover of this volume leads directly into the first chapter!

7 Likes

This was a great chapter.
I’d have loved to see more of the characters self-introductions though :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Happy weekend everyone! Sorry to say, the pre-chapter images won’t be in the opening posts for the next couple of weeks on account of the travels! Either way, I’m looking forward to this week’s chapter! It’s the ă‚čăƒăƒŒăƒ„ăƒ†ă‚čト we have all(?) been waiting for! :grin:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes

and I’m going to be out of town at my normal reading/posting time, so maybe no comparison posts from me until the weekend.

Preview

7 Likes

Fun chapter as always.
I was pleased to see ~ă‚ă‘ă«ăŻă„ă‹ăȘい being used on p.32 since thats a bit of grammar I learned this week! Its always so exciting to recognise and understand something new. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I still haven’t read it yet
 someone brought home corona
and we tried isolating but too late
 been dead since yesterday
and im not old enough by only a few years to have qualified for the 4th dose so happy joy 
the 3rd booster was too long ago ugh
 hoping I don’t fall behind 
meanwhile I’m going back to bed
took everything I had just to get up and do my kanji and bp reviews

:mask: :face_with_thermometer: :pill:

7 Likes

Get well soon! Covid is definitely rough. I was down for the count for two weeks when I had it. I hope you get past the worst of it quickly! お性äș‹ă«!

4 Likes

I hope you feel better soon!

4 Likes

Wish you speedy recovery man!

4 Likes

Get well soon! Ain’t fun getting it for sure!

Story Comments

What’s up with the typography here? Has Nishikata gone full anger mode?

H A U N T E D

8 Likes

Get well soon!
Try to take it easy, I’m sure you wont have too much trouble catching up even if you do end up falling behind a little :slight_smile:

5 Likes