🐌🏖 Team Snails on Vacation 🐌🏖

I’m glad to see that this thread is still in action! :hugs:

I’ve been slowly progressing since resetting. It usually takes me at least 45 days to level up which is fine with me. I levelled up nine days ago and it took me almost 48 days to reach level 9.

I also started reading again a few days ago (currently reading volume 2 of ojisama to neko) and slowly want to get back into grammar studies as well.

6 Likes

Snailed my way to level 6, only took me 235 days :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Schoolwork got the best of me and I didn’t open WaniKani for ages, but I was able to get back to it recently and so the snailing continues! :snail:

5 Likes

Well… yeah… I used Vacation mode a bit much over the last half a year…
But since my grammar is also going slow (still stuck on Genki I formore than a year…) it doesnt really matter all that much.
I hope I can speed up a bit and do one level a month. Lets see how it goes. :smiley:

Its really reasuring, seeing more people taking it slow and focusing on real life or stuff. Makes me feel less bad about it. :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

One level a month sounds great! :hugs: If it takes longer, that’s fine, too :+1:

3 Likes

It took me 23 days and 2 hours to make it to level 22 :partying_face:
Since my looong break it seems to take me a steady 20-25 days per level which is completely fine.
WK is not my only source of learning, so learning Kanji way above my grammar and vocab level doesn’t make sense because I won’t use and only forget about them.

Happy snailing fellow snailers~ :snail:

4 Likes

Over 100 days, but I made it back to Level 7!

I made it here once before, but then I lost focus and had to reset to Level 1 and start over. I’m stealing @fray’s idea of putting a strikethrough on my previous level before I had to reset.

Now that I’m back to Level 7, I’m promising my fellow snails to faithfully snail upwards and onwards from here on! :slight_smile: :snail:

4 Likes

I reached level 7!! In only 19 days! That’s pretty much record time for me, considering level 4 took me like 100 and level 5 like 200 days…
The good thing is, since summer break started I have so much more time on my hands, and so it’s not like I was rushing or anything. I was just enjoying myself :blush: Now back to snailing, my next post will probably be in like 100 days again. :snail: Happy snailing everyone!

3 Likes

35 days after ‘starting’ Level 7 I’ve finally cleared the Level 6 vocab I had left and can actually start lessons from Level 7. I took a couple of vacation mode breaks during this time so I could go on holiday without taking the Crabigator with me.

I’m excited to actually start the level!
<Waves at the other guys on Level 7>

3 Likes

Dumb question here - how do I use the leaderboard? Is there a link? Despite looking instead of getting on with my work I’ve not figured it out…

Edit: I figured it out. I was overthinking it.