🐌🏖 Team Snails on Vacation 🐌🏖

Just crawled up to level 27. Death levels are deathly! I hope hell’s a little more relaxing.
My new favorite vocab is business card 名刺; literally, name stab. If I had business cards, I’d run through the streets, stabbing strangers with them to celebrate my ascension.

12 Likes

@TimeStamp says:

I hope hell’s a little more relaxing.

:joy:
You’re scaring us little kids who are still under Level 10.

6 Likes

It’ll be okay as long as you don’t stab youself with your business card.

4 Likes

Hmm, yes, I’ve done that (with someone else’s card), under a fingernail, bit ouchie :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Quite unrelated to being a snail, but as I was doing my reviews, I noticed WK has changed its kanji pronunciation question for 思 from the on-yomi シ to kun-yomi おも which ??? does this happen often?

2 Likes

small changes like that happen occasionally, about twice a month WK makes a post with all the new changes. posts look like this: April 2 2021 Content Updates

1 Like

Gotcha! I was weirded out when WK prompted me to write something else, so I got confused for a bit. :sweat_smile: Thanks!

Yosh! Level 15 this evening. 31 days, 22 hours - fairly consistant snailing.

9 Likes

12 days to reach level 6, I guess that’s fast in snailyears, but if felt like forever (I had so many kanji wrong)

9 Likes

Woohoo! Congrats @Sprongdiddlydooo and @Elfeera! :confetti_ball: :clap:

1 Like

20 days to reach level 14 but I did it !

10 Likes

Level 21! The first stress-free level I’ve had in a long while, halving my lessons was the right move.

10 Likes

Level 6! 11 days, 13 hours!

10 Likes

Reached level 13 in 21 days and 15 hours.
Since I came to embrace my life as a snail I can see a pattern where I level up every 20-25 days, so I’m probably able to do roughly 15 levels a year.
However, since my main goal right now is to get a really solid understanding of everything JLPT N4 related, my current goal with WK is to reach level 17 and then focus more on grammar and KameSame without working on new lessons in WK.
So I’m on a good way with this and will probably reach my current milestone in ~ 3 months :partying_face:

10 Likes

Congrats to all on the recent level-ups! I’m still plugging along at a snail’s pace on level 18, but was stoked to get past 1000 burns during one of my massive review sessions this morning! :grin:

11 Likes

Aaaand we’re at level 7! 13 days, 11 hours! Though the last 24 hours were frustrating because I got one wrong yesterday that left me just one kanji short of leveling up! So close, yet so far! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

12 days of durtling at level 6, and I’m now at level 7 already since 5 days. 2 kanji right. But I make so many mistakes, so often, it’s going to take a while.

7 Likes

@Elfeera I’m on day 42 and I’m about halfway through…you’re doing great, no worries! :slight_smile: As long as we keep making progress, we win!

6 Likes

You’ve got this! I’m sure you’ll be on the level 7 side of things soon enough! 頑張って!

3 Likes

I’m at level 7 since 5 days, made a typo.

But man, these kanji’s are kicking my ass :s

4 Likes