Suppon NabeWhy just burn them?
After noting the lack of Firefox extensions, I at least made a notification icon.
- Updates the icon when you have reviews (red), lessons (purple), a wait (black) or errors (X).
- Hover over the extension's icon to see your next review time.
- Click on the extension's icon to load your WaniKani dashboard.
- Checks if your reviews are done based on interval defined in preferences.
- Icon goes to your customization panel to be added to the toolbar (see known bugs for more info).
- A cute turtle. For burning. :(
Get it from one of these places:
http://sdrv.ms/1dZpVzw - Recently his site hasn't been up, so I tossed it on my skydrive.
https://github.com/whataboutclyde/suppon_nabe - Download it from github, zip up the contents of the suppon_nabe folder and rename it to xpi. NOTE: In Fedora, I had to go straight to xpi with (from inside the suppon_nabe folder): zip -r ../suppon_nabe.xpi *
Open Firefox and enter about:addons into the navigation bar or go to Tools, Addons.
Click the gear/switchboard/??? and select "Install addon from file..."
Select the xpi you downloaded/created and restart your browser.
Go to about:addons and go to preferences for Suppon Nabe. You'll need to enter your API key. I suggest upping the interval.
Known BugsNone, thanks to protospork!
TestingI tested with the following:
Firefox 19 on Fedora 3.6.11-1.fc17.i686
Firefox 22 on Fedora 3.6.11-1.fc17.i686
Firefox 21 on Windows 7
Firefox 26 on Windows 7
Firefox 36 on WIndows 7
I'm not thrilled about how it detects you've done your reviews/lessons. Once you're in one of those states, it'll just check at the interval you put in preferences. Also, it defaults to checking every 1 minute, meaning you'll hit 60/hour just idling, so I advise making it a bit longer if you don't mind a bit of inaccuracy.
If there's an X for an error, you can hover over it to get the error. I should probably make an easier way to get the error text so that you guys can let me know.