Studying while Sick?

So I’ve fallen into a comfortable study routine; I’ve been putting sentences from Genki I into flashcards on Anki. On the front I vocalize the Japanese pronunciation, and then I try to roughly translate it into English. However, lately I caught a sore throat which, combined with recent bouts of coughing, have wrecked my voice box. As a result, I’ve been neglecting my Genki flash cards. I was wondering what an alternative form of study might be that I can utilize until my voice gets back to normal. Thank you.

I just answer my Anki cards in my head instead of saying them out loud - as long as you can “hear” what you meant as an answer and don’t cheat, it should be fine! :slight_smile:

(Unless you specifically use them for pronunciation practice…?

2 Likes

Partially. As far as elementary japanese, I’m kind of at a level where I know what I want to say, but the translation and words stay stuck in my head and have a hard time exiting my mouth. Plus it helps with remembering how to pronounce the Kanji for me.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.