Stuck on level 6, or maybe a bug? :s

I guess there are 16 that are apprentice. I don’t have any lessons or reviews for the next eight hours though. This just feels so much slower than I remember ( I slacked off for a couple months ). :pensive:

I just started using kaniwani, and also the chrome one that makes sentences… that one doesn’t work for me though.

Levels 1 & 2 are sped up - from level 3 onwards you’ll be experiencing the actual speed between SRS steps.

(Also, Duende–whatever is not a good resource as it uses Tatoeba/the Tanaka Corpus, where non-natives are the source of the sentences. It can lead to learning unnatural/wrong grammar.)

Level 1 and 2 are a bit faster than usual, so it’s to be expected that 3 feels a but slower.

Unless, of course, you were as fast as I was on level one.

h

4 Likes

Now I wonder what is the minimal amount of kanji/vocab you need to get to level 60.

This happened to me on level 6 also, and it was very tedious not being able to move forward. As a result I installed the reordering script to ensure the radicals and kanji get done first, and then there is nothing to prevent me moving through the rest of the vocab on that level.

You actually don’t need any vocab to get to level 60, since level ups are based on guru’ing kanji.

Since there are 2027 kanji, and 32 of them are on level 60, of the remaining 1995 kanji, you’d need 90%, that’d be about 1796 kanji. The actual number is going to be a bit higher since a lot of times, you can’t get exactly 90% and need to be higher. If i had to estimate I’d say you need 1818 kanji (assuming you don’t do 3 kanji per levels 1-59).

Not really recommended of course since the vocab help teach and enforce all the readings, but you know… hypothetically.

1 Like

but what about radicals? You wouldn’t have 90% of your kanji without doing a few of them.

well, he asked about kanji/vocab, so I just addressed those.

I’m too lazy to think about radicals, I know there’s a bunch of radicals that are used only for one kanji (convex and concave, are the first two I think of), so you could probably skip those…

EDIT: in fact, you can skip all the radicals in the quick levels (26?, 46, 47, and 49-60). The other levels I wouldn’t know without checking…

You’re not alone, I did that too :sweat_smile:

Radical lives matter too y’know.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.