Stuck on level 49

Looks like you worked it out. I’m seeing this only 4 days after posting and you’re already unstuck haha.

on a side note, you’re worried about 100+ apprentice?

Am I doing this wrong?

2 Likes

Yeah, you can do it if you came this far.

Maybe you need to give yourself a little break. Activate vacation mode if you need to. Or stop lessons for a bit and just try to contain your review piles. Look at these last levels as icing on the cake, you already learned how to make a cake, now you’re refining it.

I definitely wish I would have started reading before because it is a good way to see back kanji, words and grammar points in the flesh. Happens quite a few times I just see something I learned recently or is about to come up soon. And it also happens that sometimes you need to spend a bit more time because you already forgot about something along the line. I know that when that happens I’m not gonna bother bringing it back on the pile, I might study it on the side if I feel it is necessary.

Also one other thing I like doing to reinforce what I learned is kamesame. I basically take a batch of burned items and then I have to produce it. Typically I find some difficulty during the lesson or first review time, but after that it is much easier to recall. It’s not my top priority right now and to manage it I only add 50 items per week or whenever I feel like it.

Last tip I can give anyone if you’re not taking a vacation keep doing your reviews on a consistent basis, that way the pile won’t grow that big and it becomes less of a chore and more part of the routine.

There’s something you could try: immediately after going through a batch of lessons, use the self study script to go through the new items a couple of times until you can answer each question quickly.

You can set it up so that it only quizzes you on the items that you just learned.

Essentially what this does is reinforce the new items in your short term memory, which will be really helpful for getting them up to guru+ with high accuracy.

I’ve done this a couple of times when I feel like the mnemonic doesn’t stick for example. Maybe it’ll be helpful for you too?

1 Like

I overloaded on level 22 and it took 2 months to clear. I was always going for 0/0 every day. Now I do max 15 lessons per day as long as apprentice is below about 150. Seems to keep me at a 15day level pace.

1 Like

Wait… it is not normal to have 200+ apprentice items ? :fearful:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.