Stuck on level 1 eternally?

What kanji have you reviewed 10 times? Can you show us a screenshot of the item page?

Also, if you enter the wrong reading for a kanji (kun instead of on, for example), it should shake, tell you to enter the other one, and let you continue. So an example would be helpful.

The bar doesn’t fill up until an item is at guru status.

女、八 HAD TO REVIEW THOSE MANY TIMES

Can you show us the item page?

The part that looks like this.

And if you, for instance, enter おんな for 女 in the kanji review, that doesn’t count as a wrong answer.

I dont see it, the item page I mean
also, it was read and gave me a chance to fix, which I did, but it seemed to have cursed my account for all eternity

Here:

https://www.wanikani.com/users/mahodeus

So like… 36h? xD

1 Like

Go to the dashboard.

Find 女 on the list of level 1 kanji (it won’t be black for you)

Click it.

Scroll to the bottom.

Never mind, I don’t think we need his screenshot. 女 is on his wall of shame. He got it wrong one time out of a total of 5 reviews.

Unless he’s counting his reviews of the radical and the kanji together, but that would be a new one.

I’m a girl and yes I failed Onna/Jo but I dont see why it says I have 0 kanji progression, can I set the level somehow to my current level in kanji or do I have to wait?

I mentioned that already. The bar fills up with the percentage of items that have reached guru. It doesn’t fill up with each review.

I see, I guess I’ll keep waiting, thank you
next review in 10 hours, hopefully the last one of Level 1 :frowning:

1 Like

Just to clear it up;
There are four stages in apprentice, so you have to answer four times correctly, each time moving the item one rank higher, in order to get an item to guru and unlocking new items. If you answer incorrectly the item gets moved down a rank. Meaning you have to review it more often in order to move it to guru.

So it seems like you just haven’t reached the guru level on any of the kanji yet.

Just out of curiosity, how did you do the lessons when they became available to you? All at once? If you did them over time, they will return over time as well.

And if you ever want to know when an item will appear again, it will tell you on the item page when its next review is.

“And if you ever want to know when an item will appear again, it will tell you on the item page when its next review is.” I dont see it, can you please specify? sorry

as for my lessons, I just do them as soon as they’re available, usually do those at work

All the way at the bottom of the page for whatever item.

You could use the DashBoard Progress Plus script to see how you’re progressing with each item.
(First install Open Framework to get it working)

To get started with installing WaniKani scripts visit this page it helped me too:

1 Like

thanks, ill do that, also thank you Leebo for the help!

2 Likes

How about nearly a hundred times? This one is still in apprentice, and will no doubt stay there until I start getting it right! It’s how the system works!

2 Likes

In the future, I think the community would agree to try to stick with one thread for the same topic :woman_shrugging:

But in any case, I think you would benefit greatly from this:

@CyrusS Requesting to close as duplicate. The answers were already given in the previous thread made by the same poster.