Stripe being accessed on lesson page

Anyone know what’s going on here? I can’t think of a legitimate reason WaniKani would need to access stripe on the lesson page, but figured I’d ask around before pinging the mods.

1 Like

Stripe encourages you to have it active on every page to better prevent fraud.

To best leverage Stripe’s advanced fraud functionality, ensure that Stripe.js is loaded on every page, not just your checkout page. This allows Stripe to detect suspicious behavior that may be indicative of fraud as customers browse your website.

I’ve had this question come up before as well haha

4 Likes

Huh, that’s… interesting…

It’s doing something weird with my Lesson Filter script since every once in a while (with a deterministic but unexplainable sequence of actions) the new “body” for the page from Turbo is the stripe page instead of the lesson page. It’s quite odd. :sweat_smile:

It’s not necessarily a big deal since I can just skip doing my page manipulation in those cases. I can’t figure out how to avoid the above error (which is not predictable at all), but it doesn’t seem to cause any issues per se.

I don’t know how I’d reproduce this error outside of my script since it seems to happen after I do a bunch of filters/shuffles (which does a Turbo page navigation each time), but I don’t think my script is actually causing the error. Hard to say for sure though.

1 Like

I also (unpredictably) get this error, but this one I saw even when I disabled my script.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.