Story behind your username if you please

:grin::smiley: Since subscribing and looking into the forum once in a while, I’ve been tickled by the usernames especially the league of ‘durtle’. Would you mind telling me everyone, why you chose such a name or why the name was bestowed on you?

AW753307_06

12 Likes

My username came from a character from a game called Warlord Battlecry, an RTS from 2000. The opening cinematic shows a white mage fighting an assassin-like character, but then gets burned by a dragon and dies. [video]

This white mage is called Goodwine, and that’s where I got the name from.

Most people think I chose this name because I’m an alcoholic, I don’t even like wine.

14 Likes

I came into existence as Borx at the creation of the universe.

31 Likes

Kumirei is the ship between Kumiko and Reina in Hibike! Euphonium

25 Likes

aaa-ddd were taken.

65 Likes

Well, this is a nickname I’ve been using for a while before I found out about WaniKani. I didn’t want to use any game/book/movie/anime character name and I didn’t want to use numbers in the name. Also, I didn’t want it to be some hard-to-pronounce abrakadabra. So, I decided on a word that isn’t too long, is relatively easy to pronounce and is unlikely to be taken.
Trunklayer - someone who lays various trunks into stacks…

11 Likes

to be honest, when I first read this reply, I was like “there are boats in that anime???”

27 Likes

Plantron is the ship between a plant and Ron Weasley in Harry Potter

55 Likes

Loved the dog from GTAV, then got a dog…who I called Chop, so I am now masquerading as my dog on the internet.

Funny side story, I also call my dog Floppy, as he sleeps or “flops” everywhere, but then I realised floppy in Japanese is froppy, which made watching hero academia all the more hilarious.

10 Likes

I like tigers. And ‘Tiger’ was taken, so I settled for ‘Tyger’, which I like better anyway because of William Blake‘s poem ‘The Tyger’.

20 Likes

I was creating a character in a game called Dragon Nest. For some reason, I had this idea to create a name with all the vowels. I considered jumbling up the order but I decided to stick with the AEIOU order.

Now to make it sound a little more legitimate, I added the ‘ry’ in between ‘o’ and ‘u’, inspired by ‘Ryu’ as in Dragon 竜. (Of course, back then I had no proper knowledge of Japanese and did not know it was supposed to be ‘Ryuu’ instead of ‘Ryu’. It’s an inspiration anyway.) Hence, Aeioryu. :blush:

9 Likes

After our book trivia club finished one year in high school, we repurposed it into the World Domination Club and plotted everyone else’s imminent demises.

I decided that I would be the one to take over the world with mechs and good agriculture. No one argued.

6 Likes

And that there is a “Ship” sushi, amazing.

4 Likes

KeeperofMee is the three-way ship between the Keeper, Ofelia and Meea in The Dark Blight Rises

6 Likes

I like tomatoes and I like salads. :tada:

Also because if you think of tomato, you’ll most likely think of red :tomato:, and if you think of salad, you’ll think of green :green_salad:. They’re two colors that I love seeing together. points at avatar

16 Likes

I would die for Amy Santiago from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, so.

She’d also totally be down for WK. I mean.

Technically she’s a sergeant now so my username is out of date …

11 Likes

Marumara is a baby-sized village on a baby-sized island in Indonesia. I decided to use it as my general purpose screen name more-or-less arbitrarily about two years ago. Not much to it, unfortunately.

3 Likes

It all started back in the day when I was creating my (one of the) first character in WoW.

At that time I thought it would be cool if my and my brother chars would have matching names (so they would seems like brothers in game too, as I go for the same race as him). His character, named Gleann (name created with in-game random name feature :smile:), was created first, so I decide to leave the “-ann” part and find some good sounding begging for that.

That’s how I end up with Freann, which from that point I started to use around the Internet.

6 Likes

あの丸い村は「マルマラ」という村です。
I’m not sure if that village is round and I’m not entirely sure this sentence is correct, but try pronouncing it quickly :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Mine is diverted from the german translation of Cherry Littlebottom, “Grinsi Kleinpo”, a Discworld character of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch by Terry Pratchett.

5 Likes