[STATS] Statistics site

Hello - are there any plans to take resets into account? I started WK in 2015 and all the stats seem to be calculated from that. I’ve reset twice and taken a chunk of time away - I started my most recent run through in Jan 2018, I think. I mean, OK, that’s still quite a lot of days per level, but it’s more like 60-90 days rather than 186 days!

Have you tried version 2 of the site?

1 Like

Thanks so much again for this wonderful site! Is there some technical issue in adding projections with API 2?

Nope, just a time issue. I’ll get to it eventually.

2 Likes

Ah, no, sorry, I am a fool.
Now I’ve tried it, I can see it takes account of my resets beautifully!

@rfindley The Kyoiku list is changing in 2020 to add 20 more prefecture kanji:

Is there any way you can update the v1 and v2 versions of the site with this?

Also, some kanji were shuffled around in the joyo levels… this would also require an update:

You know that’s the exact same thing, right?

Well, you said that 20 Kanji were added, but from what I see in the PDF is that they (plus some others) were moved around (the prefecture Kanji were mainly moved from Kanken pre-2 to 7 afaict, but some others are moved to other levels), so I thought my comment was an extension to yours…
If it’s the same thing, then apologies!

Well, this site doesn’t cover Kanken, or I certainly would have posted that like I did on the other thread.

I only knew to post my comment because of that, though.

But, yeah, basically, kanji are being moved around, causing 20 kanji to be added to the kyōiku.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I haven’t read the entire topic, so maybe it has already been discussed, but here it is.

According to the statistic website, I have started Level 11 seven days ago. Well, in fact, I did not even finished vocabulary from Level 10. I think it would be more interesting (and realistic) if a level is considered “started” when people actually did the first lesson (and not when the previous one is completed).

It’s probably not an issue for people going fast, but for people going at a slow pace, like me, it changes everything.

The stat website still remains an incredible tool !! So thank you guys anyway!!

Stats

I think WaniKani, the site itself, considers you level 11 once you guru 90% of level 10’s kanji. If I check your profile right now…

Here WaniKani says you’re level 11.

So the WK stats site could wait until you’ve done at least one level 11 lesson, but since the main site has leveled you up already, it wouldn’t really make much sense to do so.

2 Likes

Well. It’s a fair point. I just think it would be more accurate if the website were counting days that way.

Anyway, I can still do my reviews and lessons. That’s what matters at the end :slight_smile:

A few people have mentioned that idea before: Marking the start of a level as the time that you do your first lesson on the level.

I think it’s a good idea, and when I eventually have time to finish v2 of the site, I plan to make it an option. (Some people also said they prefer that it stay as-is)

4 Likes

Now that it’s going to have to happen by September 1st, is there anything we can do to help?

Honestly, it’s probably more work trying to organize help than to just finish the projections page.

But if anyone wants to play around with the code, it’s all easily downloadable (though not from a repo). I haven’t run it though a minifier or anything, and it’s based on the Wanikani Open Framework.

The biggest part of the work is just figuring out what I want the projections to look like this time around.

2 Likes

I can’t find any way to login on the v2 of the site. I tried generating a Personal Access Token and giving it that, but pressing enter or clicking on the login button then does nothing. I there something else I should be putting in the API 2 key field?

Also thanks for the great website ^^

What!? Surely that can’t be right. :thinking:
I’ll be right back…

[…]

Nope… I just tested on v1 and v2, and they both trim whitespace.

Not that that solves @xelote’s problem.
If you are on a PC or Mac, try opening the Javascript console (Press F12 and click the Console tab), and see if there are any errors reported.

(Edit: Does anyone else think that saying “PC or Mac” is like saying “phone or iphone”? I mean, isn’t a Mac still a PC? Or is Apple just avoiding being associated with us peasants? :laughing:)

4 Likes

You could probably just say “desktop” instead.

2 Likes

I guess it kinda depends on how you copy the token from WK. I usually just triple-click the field and press Ctrl-C. With that method (tested on Firefox and Chrome) I get whitespaces. On Firefox both before and after the token, on Chrome only after the token.

Of course I could also carefully trace the string with my mouse while keeping the left mouse button pressed, then Ctrl-C. If I do that then I don’t get any whitespaces. But who has time for that? :joy: