[STATS] Statistics site

it’s perfectly fine on the api2 site @rfindley

1 Like

Start time/time on level

Hello, I was away from Wanikani for a while, and came back about a week ago. I reset all my progress back to level one in order to start fresh. But I notice that it’s still tracking progress from June of last year, and the number of days listed on the current level is far from accurate, listing 507 days on the current level. I tried forced refresh and applying new API keys, but to no avail. Anything else I can try to fix the time tracking? Thanks!

Although it’s not finished yet, you can use the upcoming new version of the wkstats site: https://www.wkstats.com:10001/

It understands resets.

4 Likes

I’ve reset my progress a while ago, from something like level 6 to 1. I’m now again at level 6 and wanted to check my stats, but it seems like wkstats didn’t notice I’ve reset my account.

Nevermind, I somehow missed the newer version. Works wonders there!

You are my hero :heart:

1 Like

Is there any chance to change the start date for my account? I joined the website on 15-May-2018, but I didn’t really start studying the lessons until around September-2018. So I’m not sure if my statistics are correct, considering I was idle for over 3 months after I joined. Thanks

No, there’s currently no way to change your start date. But you can click on Level 1 on the Level Duration chart to exclude it from calculations.

Also, although it’s not complete yet, check out the upcoming version of the site at https://www.wkstats.com:10001/

The new version calculates some things differently (thanks to more and better data from Wanikani), so sometimes that makes a difference

I haven’t finished the Projections section yet, so you still need the original site for that.

1 Like

@rfindley Hey, not sure if it’s related to the recent update, but the new site no longer loads WK items for me. It looks like malformed data from WK, perhaps because things were shuffled between levels?

^ The bug + the error + some debugging stuff

It looks like the character_images array for some moved item(s) is blank, causing a malformed request to get an image for that character.

Thanks for the site! It’s awesome and motivating.

Edit: Looks like that actually might be a new radical: 永 . And all of the character images have legacy in the url (e.g. construction ), so perhaps it’s just that the character_images array has been deprecated for new items?

Radicals are now fixed on https://wkstats.com:10001/.

7 Likes

Thanks for the site it’s very helpful. For the newer site on 10001, is it a known thing that the level up in time just says 0 days, 0 hours and 0 minutes? Sorry if this has been answered before…

Yes, it’s a side-effect of the Progress section not being done yet.

2 Likes

I’m having a few items show up as Not Learned even tho they have been Burned.

Level 3: (2 / 75 shown)

Level 22: (1 / 117 shown)

Also the kanji entry for 久.

Not sure when this started.

In the recent overhaul they moved some items around. 久 is now on level 32, so as far as WaniKani is concerned you haven’t learned it yet. I believe they indicated that once you reach the level it’s unlocked, it will go back to its old SRS status, so you shouldn’t have to relearn it.

1 Like

Are you using wkstats.com or wkstats.com:10001? I don’t have your API key for either one, so I can’t look at your data. I’m guessing you have a plugin that’s blocking the key from being sent.

Anyway, if it’s wkstats.com, it’s because the site has to be updated manually when Wanikani moves items between levels, like @seanblue mentioned. The new version (wkstats.com:10001) handles stuff like that automatically. The new version isn’t quite done yet, but most of it is usable.

I’m using Internet Explorer, and the new WK Stats site isn’t giving me any way to input the API key prompt. Only the main menu bar (wkstats.com, progress, items, charts, login) is showing up at all. Hmm.

The old one seems to be working fine in that regard.

Sorry @Dorotheian
I haven’t worked on IE compatibility yet. I do plan to do so before final release, but in the meantime I can only recommend using a newer browser. It’s probably going to be a few months before I can resume significant work on the site.

(Side news for anyone who is interested… Microsoft recently announced they’re going to replace Edge’s engine with Chromium. Interesting times!).

4 Likes

Just wanted to drop in and say I love the new site! (Even if it isn’t finished yet) Being able to see my cumulative progress towards Joyo and JLPT completion is super refreshing, and just the kick I needed for a fresh dose of motivation. Guess I should keep an eye on these forums more often, feel like I’m missing major update information on so many of the add-ons I use regularly :joy: Thanks for all your hard work!

2 Likes

Resetting your progress messes up your average and makes you look… just a tiny bit handicapped

Unbenannt

My estimated level 60 is in 2039!

edit: I understand that there is a beta version for less dumb results but this is kinda funny on its own

1 Like

You can click that bar to ignore it and get more normal numbers.

1 Like

I’m not updating the current version anymore. Check out the new (but not 100% complete) version at https://wkstats.com:10001/
It updates automatically.

3 Likes