[STATS] Statistics site

Yeah, I’m guessing the browser is trying to be too clever, and assign a text color based on the background.
(and/or the skin, like seanblue mentioned)

Just now, I added a default text color in the CSS. Try refreshing to see if that makes a difference.
(To make sure it truly refreshes, you may need to open the Developer Tools (press F12), go to the Network tab, and check Disable Cache while refreshing)

1 Like

Aye, I just did a search and it looks like it is a theme issue, found this add-on which looks like it might fix the problem.

That also fixes it, thank you!

Why do browsers need to be clever? Please stop, Mozilla.

+1000
Yes, this is what irritates me the most with Microsoft. I understand that they (Microsoft) are trying to make things easier for users that don’t know what they’re doing… but I wonder how effective it really is. For example, the ‘recent documents’ thing may help most of the time, but if the person needs to access something that hasn’t been accessed recently, their reliance on the ‘recent documents’ section makes them not know how to find anything in any other way, and people think their documents were deleted. I’ve seen that soooo many times :angry:

[I’m especially looking at you, MS Office Suite! It takes me 10x longer to save documents now, because the Save As interface is different every time I look at it, because I don’t keep my documents all in one place (e.g. massive flat My Documents folder)]

4 Likes

Hi rfindley,

I noticed another problem, that looks like it could be an unwanted side-effect of this change: The popups that appear when you hover over items are now black on dark grey. I guess the default color gets applied there as well, and needs to be overridden for the popups.

Thanks a lot for wkstats by the way, it’s an extremely useful addition to WaniKani!

^^^ Fixed.

Thanks, that was quick!

1 Like

I’m actively working on the next version of the site, and I usually have a WK forums tab open on my second monitor. And it was an easy fix :slight_smile:

I’m getting an error when trying to use the page. In debugging the script a little bit, it looks like it’s trying to look up the vocab list for level 0, but no array exists in the voc list at index 0. My account is a few years old and I took a long hiatus; I’m not sure if that’s related somehow.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘forEach’ of undefined
at likely_date (user.js:237)
at Array.process (user.js:286)
at do_one (lib.js:81)
at Array.finish (lib.js:99)
at Array. (jquery-2.1.4.min.js:2)
at j (jquery-2.1.4.min.js:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-2.1.4.min.js:2)
at Array.e.(/anonymous function) (https://www.wkstats.com/js/jquery-2.1.4.min.js:2:28718)
at do_one (lib.js:81)
at Object.finish (lib.js:99)

Were you able to get to the point where you enter your API key? Because I’m not seeing your username in my database, so I can’t troubleshoot.

Yes, I’m able to enter my API key and it showed my picture/username in the top-right corner. It hangs at the end of ‘Loading API Data’.

I wonder if you have a plugin blocking it from submitting your apikey. Could you check your Network tab in the dev tools? Look for a url with /api/user in it.

Yep, I can see the /api/user call and it’s returning all of my data correctly. The voc array is also the right length for the level I’m at. Is the 0th element supposed to be empty? The code looks like it’s always starting at level 0 when iterating through the levels.

Sorry, the /api/user link I was asking about is one that goes to wkstats.com, not the ones that go to wanikani.com.

I’m not seeing a wkstats.com URL in there. Would it be easiest if I shared my public API key with you so you can reproduce it on your end? Have an e-mail or something I can send it to?

[deleted]

Well… it looks like the reason for your error is that your radicals and kanji are reported by the WK server as having been unlocked 1 second apart, which is not possible. And it’s probably due to your account being relatively old (April 20, 2015).

I’ll see if I can find a workaround.

Interesting! I did do a hard reset of my account a couple of years ago. I wonder if that could be the cause of it.

I’ve uploaded a workaround. Since it couldn’t figure out your first two levels, it’s just dividing the total time by two.

Works like a charm now :slight_smile: Thanks a bunch!!

1 Like

I leveled up 7h ago (10am London time/6pm Japan time), but my graphic is still counting for level 59 (even though it recognizes that I’m level 60). This happened to me before and I solved it by doing a force refresh. This time, this doesn’t seem to be working. I also logged out and still the same thing is happening. Level 59 took me 3d13h. Using Chrome.

Is there anything that can be done to solve this? Appreciate it :v: @rfindley

wkstats

1 Like