[STATS] Statistics site

Yeah, there was no way to detect resets via the original API, so it can only operate on the data Wanikani sends out. This will be fixed when I convert the site to APIv2.

In the meantime, I think it will start looking correct beginning with your next level, and you can click on the goofy one to exclude it from calculations.

1 Like

Great, thx!

I reset my level down a couple yesterday and now the Stats site freezes on the opening page (the Loading API Data bar goes yellow, then nothing further happens). On the Console page it say
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜pushā€™ of undefined
at Object.
Could you help me get it working again, please? I use Chrome.

Select ā€˜Force Refreshā€™ from the user menu on the site, then refresh.

If that doesnā€™t work, open the javascript consolev (press F12 and click on the Console tab), type the following command and press enter, then refresh the page and re-enter your api key.

localStorage.clear()

That worked, thanks very much

1 Like

I reset my level at the beginning of the year. But the website still says I started in August, and itā€™s actually messing up my level duration, saying that I spent more time on the levels than I actually have. All I have to do is count the days to see that the level duration altogether ads up to much longer than a month. Plus it says the current level Iā€™m on Iā€™ve spent over 100 days on, and it keeps pushing back with each level I reach, I think even handing over some leftover ā€˜daysā€™ to the previous level if I had perhaps taken less time than what it ā€˜remembersā€™ me on before reset.

@twilightguardian,

The site uses Wanikaniā€™s API version 1, which doesnā€™t support reset info.
I have plans to convert it to the new API version 2, but I have a long list of userscripts that also need updating. Iā€™m currently finishing up a framework for APIv2 thatā€™s going to take a lot of the work out of updating everything.

I donā€™t currently have a timeframe for when the changes will be done.

In the meantime, you can click on any incorrect levels (except the current level) to exclude them from the average calculations (the current level is automatically excluded from calculations). Theyā€™ll still show up as long in the Level Duration graph, but the Progress and Projections section will be more accurate. Also, you can enter any hypothetical level-up speed in the Hypothetical box.

1 Like

Thanks. I guess I found it weird because up until recently it seemed to conform to resets. I take it with the new method of resetting is the reason why it might not work anymore?

Iā€™m not really sure if resets behave differently now under APIv1. I havenā€™t even looked at it, to be honest.

There was that change some months ago where they stopped deleting records when you reset so that synonyms and notes didnā€™t get deleted too. No idea if that could impact this though.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s after that change that I noticed the website started acting different.

I came here researching the same thing!

I had it reset last week after making my account back in 2014.

Good luck with your new framework for APIv2 @rfindley!

Since you reset to level 2, it would have been better to just delete your account and recreate it.

That is an excellent idea which I did not have at the time. :rofl:

1 Like

wellā€¦ you can always just exclude level 2 from calculations.

hey @rfindley Iā€™ve just got into the site from Google and Iā€™m seeing @cooolcat stats. Donā€™t know if this has been reported already, but it seems like a bug to me? Googled ā€œidigtech.com wanikaniā€. This is the link on the Google search results wkstats

Geezā€¦ First, Google refuses to retain the site in its index, and canā€™t tell me why. And now it has indexed a specific key!

Iā€™ll see what I can do. Iā€™ll re-check my parameter exclusions.

They have to be extracting that from peopleā€™s bookmarks or something. Or maybe cooolcat has a link with their apikey posted somewhere, in which case this would be considered normal. Iā€™ll see if the Google console can tell me where it found it.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up!

Also, I apologize for any inconvenience, @cooolcat, assuming this isnā€™t from an intentionally-posted link somewhere.

3 Likes

Maybe @cooolcat could also reset his API key to make his data private?

Iā€™ve re-applied the settings for Google to not crawl any URLs containing ā€œapikeyā€. Iā€™m not sure how long it will take to remove existing ones from the index.

Site relocation ā†’ wkstats.com

I have moved the stats site to its own domain.

Since Iā€™ve started using LetsEncrypt for some of my domainsā€™ SSL, itā€™s a lot cheaper to own secure domains.
This also allows me to keep idigtech.comā€™s site traffic separate from the stats. (idigtech is mostly dark-webā€¦ i.e. non-indexed stuff that I use in my consulting business for individual clients and projects).

Mostly, though, it just makes it a lot easier to remember the stats siteā€™s address :smile:

11 Likes