[STATS] Statistics site

I followed those instructions, and I still get a 404 on the API key window. :frowning:

Does the Javascript console show any errors? Or the Network tab (which is also in the F12 developer tools)?

EDIT: hmm… it looks like it may be related to your specific API key. I’ll have to check it out later tonight when I’m at my PC.

Now that I’m on my PC, everything is looking fine with your API key. I’m not sure what to say, other than to check for error messages on the Javscript Console and Network tabs.

These are the errors I get in the console - not sure how helpful they are though:

Loading failed for the with source “https://www.wanikani.com/api/user/88d1ad3deba3019f4915cda180411ea1/recent-unlocks/100?callback=jQuery21408098861648559499_1508465827831&_=1508465827832”. wanikani:1
Loading failed for the with source “https://www.wanikani.com/api/user/88d1ad3deba3019f4915cda180411ea1/recent-unlocks/100?callback=jQuery21408098861648559499_1508465827831&_=1508465827833”. wanikani:1
Loading failed for the with source “https://www.wanikani.com/api/user/88d1ad3deba3019f4915cda180411ea1/recent-unlocks/100?callback=jQuery21408098861648559499_1508465827831&_=1508465827834”.

Hmm… interesting. It seems like there’s something missing from those error messages, and they don’t make sense to me. I’m wondering if you have an ad-blocker that’s false-triggering or something (I don’t have ads on my site).

If you paste those links into a new tab, do they display anything Wanikani-related (like some kanji, etc)?

If you use a privacy extension like Privacy Badger it will give you this (it happened to me before). All you have to do is disable it for this site.

The reason why it happens is because iDigTech has to contact wanikani for the data so the privacy extension thinks “oh no, this website is trying to contact a different website, must be malicious (better safe than sorry)”.
Just move the red slider to the right and you should be fine. If it isn’t Privacy Badger then do the equilvelent thing for the respective privacy extension.

After resetting my WaniKani account from level 17 back to 1, looks like all the previous time (590 days) had been just dumped into level 1. It’s probably not something that can be fixed from stats side, but I just thought I’d report it.

I think time on level one is being calculated since your joining date. If your really want to reset this then I guess you’ll need to delete and recreate your account, but that would delete your community profile. :frowning:

Or site may use date for earliest learned radical for starting date.

Once you get past level 1, you can click on it to exclude it from calculations. Beyond that, APIv1 doesn’t provide any info to tell the site when you reset. I think I’ll be able to do it when the site eventually gets converted to the new APIv2, but that’s going to take a while.

Hi,
I have been using this and I like the info it provides.
An issue I am now seeing is that time spent on level three stays at 0days and 0hours, any ideas how to fix this?

You have to do some radicals for it to start showing the new level’s time.

Ahhh! Thanks!

This doesn’t seem to accurately calculate current level duration following an account reset. I assume the current level is calculated by deducting the total duration of past levels from the time since the account began?

Yeah, it’s definitely not set up to expect or handle resets. I’m working on a new interface for APIv2, which provides some additional info about resets and level-up. So hopefully this will be fixed when I’m done.

In the meantime, I’m guessing your future levels will be correct upon next level-up. You’ll probably still need to click on level 3 to exclude it from calculations until I finish the update, though. (Your current level is never included in estimates/averages)

Yeah, that’s exactly right - only current level is affected, so when I level up the previously screwy level displays the correct amount. So the level average calculation is accurate.

Looking forward to the new version.

I didn’t reset my level, nor did I use vacation mode, but it seems that I finished level 51 in 0 days and 0 hours, for which I definitely deserve a sect name (not this Discourse “title”). Force refresh didn’t help either :metal:

2 Likes

Love the site! I check it mostly to see when I will level up because each level up is exciting!
The date for when I’m going to be level 60 is dreading though and I always have to tell myself that I will be able to read stuff even before level 60 xD

1 Like

You’re just that good :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congratulations!

But seriously, ugh! Whack-a-mole!
I’ve put a moratorium on fixing exceptions to the levelup-guessing algorithm until I finish the interface to WK’s APIv2. I’m really hoping the new data in the API will take the guessing out of the process :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s really not that urgent. And I understand the difficulty with conversion to the new API. I kinda stopped caring about my level-up speed when I reached 40. But I thought I’d still report that bug, just FYI.

1 Like