[STATS] Statistics site

I seriously lol’d at this. xD

1 Like

WK gives bad data at the paywall, which makes level 3 dates turn out wrong. And then when it tries to calculate level 4, it can’t find a date that makes sense, so it defaults to January 1, 1970. It then finds the right date for level 5, but then the difference between Level 4 and 5 is (2017-1970 = 47 years).

There’s no perfect solution to the problem, but I’m working on fixing this case.

2 Likes

Does API V2 give better data?

They can’t fix the bad data, since there’s not enough info to reconstruct it. But the bugs that caused it in the first place are fixed, so future people won’t have this problem.

APIv2 serves the same data.

By the way, you can temporarily get around this issue by just clicking on that one bar.

Seems to be working now! Thanks a lot! :blush:

You’ll have one or two goofy datapoints, but it’s unavoidable since the data can’t be reconstructed in some cases.
But much better than a 47-year level :slight_smile:

I don’t know how it happened but my 18th level says 6 days and 19 hours…

What should is say? You mean because it’s less than 6d20h? I think that’s actually possible now because WK schedules the next review relative to the start of the current hour. See [here].

I don’t think it is possible and I haven’t been able to replicate it. Also, logically, I wouldn’t be able to, unless the Stats site rounds down sometimes?

The stats site does round to the nearest hour. Looking at your exact calculations, you leveled up in 6d 19h 27m 30s.

If you open the Javascript console (press F12 and click the Console tab), you can see the list of level-up times, and which method it used to determine the correct date. All of your dates were determined by radical unlock times, which is the most accurate.

Here are the dates around Level 18:

level[17] = 2017-08-06 15:51 (source: radicals)
level[18] = 2017-08-13 13:35 (source: radicals)
level[19] = 2017-08-20 09:03 (source: radicals)

I think the reason it’s possible is: if you level up at, say, 08:50, and immediately finish your radical lessons before 08:59, Wanikani places your first review at 08:00 + 4hrs, or 12:00. That means your first review is 3h10m after levelup, rather than 4h. I think the first review is the only one where that shortcut is possible. For example, if you do your next review at exactly 12:00, it’s still going to place the next one at 12:00+8h.

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me. :frowning: Keep saying ‘your key is not found’ and Error 404: Error. Tried f12: delete localStorage.apiKey but no effect. Can anyone help?

You need all-lowercase ‘apikey’.

delete localStorage.apikey

But it’s better to do:

localStorage.clear()

That still only affects the stats site, but it makes sure there’s no bad cache or other settings left behind.

Also, make sure you’re using the “API Version 1” key. It doesn’t support APIv2 yet.

It was all-lowercase. Are you supposed to add something to ()? It just says undefined when entered.

Yeah, I have zero coding skills.

You can copy exactly what I typed above (either one, but preferably the second one) and paste it in the Javascript console, then press enter.

And when you insert your API key, just double-click on the API Version 1 key on your WK settings page, which should highlight it. Ctrl-c to copy. Go to the stats site, click in the API key text field, and ctrl-v to paste.

No change. Still keeps erroring.

See my edit above.
Then if you still have problems, I can set up a screen-share session if you want. Just let me know.

There is something odd about the level duration bar graph:

Although I took 30 days to finish level 46, the bar only goes so far as 24. This makes it only slightly taller than level 23, which was 19 days. Is there a cap of bar height at 24 days? And if yes, why 24? Why not 15 or 32?

The cap is 2x your average, rounding up to the nearest multiple of 4. That way, if someone takes a long break from WK (like, a year), it won’t force the rest of their bars to be miniscule. And the multiple of 4 makes the tics comes out to whole numbers.