[STATS] Statistics site

I had that too just a little bit ago. I also had rfindley’s own forum bar script continually needing me to re-input my API key until I finally just stopped using it.

This is cool!

I tried it with one of my early burned items just now 十月, and it went to WK’s item page perfectly. I was wondering where you get to choose WK or Jisho from… or if some go to Jisho, or if it’s random? (there are around 40 posts below the one I’m responding to… so I might find the answer already… and you can ignore this if that’s the case…)

Thanks for always updating this and your other scripts with usability in mind. : D

I asked earlier and this was the answer I got. :slight_smile:

Thanks. : D

I can’t think of a time when there wouldn’t be a WK info page, but I guess maybe in future somehow…

In the non-WK tabs there are kanji not in WK.

Is it intentional that wkstats is not an alias for wkstats ? idigtech seems to ask me for my API key although www.idigtech has no problem finding it.

From what I can tell from experimenting, it works like this:

1. Clicking an Item in the Items/WaniKani screen takes you to WK, period.

2. In any other tab, if you have the kanji in at least Apprentice, it goes to WK, otherwise it goes to Jisho.

EDIT: As an example, the level 16 kanji 書 goes to WK on the WaniKani screen, but Jisho on the JLPT, Joyo, and Frequency screens.

1 Like

Interesting, and thanks! :slight_smile:

Your browser treats example.com and www.example.com as two different sites, because it can’t be 100% sure that they are in fact the same site. So if you have been using www.example.com, and you go to example.com, your browser will not send the cookies or allow access to the localstorage associated with www.example.com, which are used by the site to identify you and store data. That’s why it shows you as logged out on one of the sites.

Ah I was thinking that you can setup a redirect on the web server from www. to non-www. But now I remember that most of the stats site is client-side. I guess it can’t be helped then.

You can absolutely do that, on the client or server side. It’s just that whoever runs the statistics site hasn’t done it.

^^^ I’ll fix it around the middle of next week.

1 Like

I’m back from travel. Fixed now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@rfindley You wanted me to confirm that level 26 was a fast level again. I took the level at my new, slower pace, so I couldn’t do that. However, I do think something was wrong with the site’s prediction of when I’d level up.

Since I had already taken longer than my average level up time, I think the site is supposed to say that my expected level up time is the fastest possible time from that point. I’m fairly certain it said I’d level up this afternoon, but I was able to level up first thing in the morning. This is particularly strange since I had already guru’d the level’s three radicals and done the lessons for all the kanji.

Thanks for getting back to me on this!

Although I haven’t confirmed this yet, I think with the new v2 API, I’ll now be able to calculate short levels directly via the dependencies. It will take me a while to get all of my scripts and the stats site converted, though…

No problem. I was tempted to rush through level 26 to prove it was short (and to say I did a sub-4 day level at least once). But I enjoyed the slower pace I took with level 25 so much that I didn’t want to stress myself out just prove that.

Regarding the issue I saw, do you have special logic in there for the shorter levels?

I wonder what kanji/radical they moved around from level 26 to make it short again. There are 33 kanji so you need to guru 30 to level up. There are 3 radicals that each contribute to 1 kanji in that level. So when you level up to 26 you basically get all 30 kanji you need to level up. But I don’t remember it being that way back when I was level 26.

They moved the fourth radical to an earlier level a month or so ago.

It was the ego radical that got moved back in June.

Suggestions:

• Link ‘unlisted’ Kanji on the Charts section to their respective Jisho pages.
  • Show ‘unlisted’ Kanji for the reading page.