[STATS] Statistics site

Have you tried the new (but still not 100% complete) version at [wkstats.com/v2]?

But also, I tried your APIv1 key “*****7fea” on the old version of the site [wkstats.com/], and was able to load your stats okay… so I’m not sure what the problem is. Maybe check the Javascript console for errors (press F12 and click the Console tab).

Ah, I wasn’t using the v2 site.

That said, I’m still having problems. This is going on, now:

Based on the errors, I think your security settings are preventing access to api.wanikani.com from www.wkstats.com.

That’s usually due to a security/spam/ad-block plugin. You could try turning those off temporarily (for wkstats.com only). I’m not sure if there’s also a browser-specific setting for that.

It was one of my chrome addons. Thanks for the help!

This site is awesome, first of all! Thanks @rfindley!

I have a question about how the projections work for the hypothetical level-up speed. I know that many of the levels get shorter in the 40s and 50s. Is that accounted for at all? Right now with a hypothetical level-up speed of 8 days (my average so far) I get through level 60 before the end of the year. But does that assume I’ll be doing the fast levels at 8 days too? Or does it somehow take that into account?

The two versions of the site work differently.
v1: wkstats.com
v2: wkstats.com/v2

Only v1 has the Projections. It’s not finished on v2, but you can see some of the calculation results in the Javascript console on v2. (Press F12 and click on the Console tab)

The “fastest” column shows you the fastest possible path to level-up, including short levels (v1 probably has outdated info about which levels are short, but it should be pretty close)>

The “estimated” column just uses your raw average (or median on the v2 site), and doesn’t take the short levels into account since there’s no way to know if someone will go any faster.

The “hypothetical” column does the same as the “estimated”, but just uses whatever number you enter for an average (or median).

2 Likes

Thanks! So that means if I estimate myself at N days I have a little wiggle room as it’ll be easier to go faster than N on the short levels. Yay. :smiley:

1 Like

Forgive me if it’s already been covered in this thread, but I wish there was a way to exclude long periods of inactivity from the projections calculations. I first registered on WaniKani 838 days ago, did the first 2 levels, and then my account was dormant until around two months ago where I’ve been hitting the lessons and reviews pretty hard every day. Because of this the projection is telling me I’m likely to reach level 7 ten months from now (even though I only have a few kanji left on level 6) and estimates level 8 in the summer of 2021. :joy:

Instead I’ve just been relying on the fastest and hypothetical columns but it would be nice if my Estimated data was more accurate for my current pace.

Great site BTW, thank you for creating it!

If you shift-click on any bar in the level-up projection, that period gets excluded from the average calculations. I’m not sure whether it is also excluded from the calculations that predict the future (and I can’t check easily because I’m using the new wkstats), but it might be worth a try.

1 Like

@NicoleRauch is correct.
(…though you don’t have to hold shift while clicking)

And, indeed, excluding (by clicking) a level from the average (or median) also affects the “Estimated” calculation.

3 Likes

Thanks! My earlier question can be ignored then :slight_smile:

Went from this:

To this, which is much more realistic:

3 Likes

Ok that’s freaking hilarious, hopefully you don’t take any offense or anything but I saw that 2045 and I just bust out laughing :rofl:

I made my account in 2013, I need to check mine hahaha

EDIT:

5 Likes

You may need the same thing unless you plan to take 10 months on your level. :wink:

1 Like

Hi all!

So I recently reset WK from level 34 to level 1 and to my sadness the stats site is completely broken. It looks something like this:

It also says that I’ll have everything burned by the year 2070. :joy:

I tried looking through this thread but found nothing that helped. Any advice @rfindley?

After resetting, you’ll need to start using version 2 of the site: [wkstats.com/v2]

4 Likes

Yes, the v1 API doesn’t expose resets. Unless you actually did take 900 days on this level! :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the right place to comment on this but there seems to be an error with how wkstats V2 is calculating the “Level-up In” time.

On V2 it shows this:

But on v1 it shows:

And if I check my kanji on the current WK level, the batch that will level me up is indeed coming in 23 hours.

There’s also a difference in the “Typical Level-up” time and the “Average Level-up” time in the 2 apps but I assume that there might be some difference in how these values are calculated.

You couldn’t have found a better place to comment on this. In addition, you were correct in just about everything you said.

The v1 site’s “Level-up in” is showing the fastest possible, which is the 23h you mentioned. Technically, it actually shows you the greater of (a) the time remaining before you reach your average level-up time, or (b) the soonest you can level up.

So, for example, if your average level-up time is 8 days and you’ve been on the level for 6 days, it will generally show level-up in 2 days. But (again) if your average is 8 days and you’ve been on the level for 9 days, and your final review for this level is in 1 day, it will show the soonest you can level up… which is in 1 day.

The v2 site’s “Level-up in” is only showing the time remaining until you reach your median level-up time, because I wasn’t done creating the new “fastest possible” calculation when I created the new v2 dashboard. The v2 “fastest possible” calculation is done now, and actually takes every individual item’s current status into account, which the v1 site couldn’t do since that info wasn’t available in the WK APIv1. But I haven’t had time to go back in and update the v2 site’s “Level-up in” calculation to include the “fastest possible”.

As for the “Typical Level-up”, v2 uses your median time, and v1 uses your average time. Median is a better guess in almost all cases, because it is unaffected by very long level times (like if you stopped WK for a while). Usually, people’s median time is shorter than their average time, but there are a few exceptions.

Anyway… I’ll finish the v2 stuff eventually, but I won’t have time for at least a few more months. Other than that, the v2 site is generally much more accurate.

6 Likes

Hello - are there any plans to take resets into account? I started WK in 2015 and all the stats seem to be calculated from that. I’ve reset twice and taken a chunk of time away - I started my most recent run through in Jan 2018, I think. I mean, OK, that’s still quite a lot of days per level, but it’s more like 60-90 days rather than 186 days!