SRS Time Intervals (v67.0)

Radicals, Kanji, and Vocab all have the same intervals after level 2.

4h
8h
23h   (1d - 1h)
47h   (2d - 1h)
167h  (1w - 1h)
335h  (2w - 1h)
719h  (1m - 1h)  where 1m == 30d
2879h (4m - 1h)
17 Likes

I don’t wanna answer in case I’m wrong, but from my experience, these posts are the least of the spammy type post topics. Usually it’s about how slow the time is, so good job on at the very least expertly disguising the question to not look like that XD

2 Likes

For reference! (We like pictures. :wink: ) (rfindley is the most accurate though.)

7 Likes

So the WaniKani User Guide is just straight-out wrong? °-°
Well, that was unexpected.
Thanks to all of you :slight_smile:

No problem. They’ve made multiple changes in the last year and haven’t updated it yet. :smile:

I keep on complaining about this, but my posts seem to get lost in the abyss. So I’ll tag you, @viet. The guide is confusing new users. Please update it. It’s been months now …

3 Likes

New users can’t even find the guide. It’s hidden as a link in the FAQs.

1 Like

And in the

I have always thought 3 days too, rather than 2 days.

So, that’s why 3 days 10 hours’ level-up. I have never noticed.

Probably better to tag Kristin for Guide/FAQ matters.

@anon20839864 what they said

Yes, this is the recent change that happened sometime between November and early February (I’m a bit fuzzy on when exactly, but I remember the announcement and it was when I was still under piles and piles of reviews, I think.)

I thought this topic was a discussion of what we think about the intervals.

A lot of people were pleased to see the 71 hour interval to guru reduced to 47 hours.

For me, the guru review periods are too long. Once the item is in guru queue, there is a one week and then two week wait for the next review. I was failing a lot of these reviews. I couldn’t get them into the master queue. I can get a new item into guru quite easily. Then after one or two weeks, they drop back into the apprentice queue.

I am trying to deal with this by downloading the “critical” items into an Anki deck and pummelling my brain with them at intervals of 1 1 10 240 480 1440 4320 4320 (minutes). In other words, review after 1 minute, 1 minute, 10 minutes, 4 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, 3 days. I used @StellaTerra’s new LeechDetector script to identify other problem vocab items. I am finally seeing the items move from guru to master queues.

6 Likes

These intervals are still accurate today, yes?

Having trouble keeping up with all the changes being made recently. :sweat_smile:

This is our preferred chart now.

SRS Level Next Level Total Wait Review
Apprentice 1 4h - Lesson
Apprentice 2 8h 4h 1
Apprentice 3 ~1d 12h 2
Apprentice 4 ~2d 1d 11h 3
Guru 1 ~1w 3d 10h 4
Guru 2 ~2w 1w 3d 9h 5
Master ~1M 3w 3d 8h 6
Enlightened ~4M 7w 5d 7h 7
Burned - 24w 6d 6h 8
22 Likes

Thank yooooou

2 Likes

No problemo.

1 Like

very helpful, worth pinning this so it doesn’t disappear after a year?

2 Likes

That chart is only valid for Level 3+

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.