Spy x Family Offshoot Club - Home Thread - Now Reading Volume 11

I’ll get the volume 5 schedule up shortly - probably this evening. @fyrember how strongly did you feel about the break? Happy to do one and start next week if you need/ want it.

4 Likes

I felt I needed a break to catch up after the holidays but I ended up doing fine, I don’t mind either way now, I will change my vote accordingly. Thanks for asking!

1 Like

Awesome, I’m just finalising the schedule now.

Looking at volume 5, the last full chapter is 30 pages so a little long to combine with the 11-12 page short mission. So my plan will be to give that a full week, which hopefully can act as a buffer for catching up.

2 Likes

And volume 5 thread is up! I need to tidy up the home post above at some point, but also feel I should get out of bed now.

5 Likes

I just noticed I never linked volume 6 here - I guess better late than never!

We’ve almost finished so I was about to post that we should be starting volume 7 in 2 weeks. Given next week is another short mission, I was planning to roll straight onto volume 7 afterwards.

2 Likes

And the volume 7 thread is up now!

1 Like

I updated this thread’s title since it was still showing vol 6

2 Likes

I’ll be posting the new thread soon. I’ve noticed that the next volume has generally shorter chapters, but two extra ones, so the volume goes over ten weeks. Is that ok with everyone? I can’t be bothered to make a formal poll!

2 Likes

I’m posting the thread early as my phone coverage is terrible and is only going downhill from now, at least for the next few days! (I’m planning to drive to the northern tip of Australia, without much actual planning.)

2 Likes

Once again posting early, though this time I’m hoping my signal will still be good for a few days.

Hope i one day can read this… Im liking that theres so many book clubs about manga in here

2 Likes

I haven’t done a poll for the next volume for a while, but given there’s no short mission and there’s not many of us, I’m going to do one now.

We’re coming to the end of volume 9, so time to decide about volume 10!

Will you be reading volume 10 with us?
  • Yes
  • Yes, but I might start late
  • Maybe
  • No
0 voters
Which version will you be reading?
  • eBook
  • Paperback
0 voters
Would you like a break before we start reading volume 10?
  • No break
  • One week break
  • Don’t mind
0 voters
3 Likes

I was in two minds, but we haven’t had a break in months, and I’m consistently a week behind, so I’ve voted for a break. I don’t feel strongly still. The main issue is the other book clubs I’ve joined, and the number of them.

3 Likes

So I’m opting for the break as I’m still behind and tired, plus I haven’t even started prepping the thread for the next volume and I’m working today.

2 Likes

I read this a bit late, I already started the next volume hahaha, don’t mind taking a break though!

1 Like

Well I’ve just started the schedule and the next mission looks ridiculously long! How far did you get - are there lots of pages with no text or does it need splitting?

1 Like

I feel like it was fine to read in one sitting, but it is longer than a normal chapter. There are a couple spots where it could be split though, so that’s an option as well

1 Like

Thanks. I may split it. I’m sure it would be fine to read in one go, but with people in multiple book clubs, that changes things a bit. Mainly referring to myself, ironically!

I’m also happy to slow it down a bit so we may get volume 13 released before we run out of volumes.

2 Likes

Posting the new thread a little early. I’ve decided to split the very long first mission of the book. I may have got the page number wrong, but it breaks at 2 almost blank pages.

3 Likes

I’m putting up a poll re starting volume 11, to get a feel for break or no.

I’m undecided, but I’m running a little behind, and while I’m sure I can catch up, I have 2 new clubs starting on Saturday.

@enbyboiwonder @fyrember @Fuseronk @haydaytime

Will you be reading volume 11 with us?
  • Yes
  • Yes, but I might start late
  • Maybe
  • No
0 voters
Which version will you be reading?
  • eBook
  • Paperback
0 voters
Would you like a break before we start reading volume 11?
  • No break (start Saturday January 6th)
  • One week break (Saturday January 13th)
  • 2 week break (Saturday January 20th)
  • Other
0 voters
1 Like