Special type of word name

Do the kanji 受付 and 待合 have a special name because of the way that they are read? So far these are the only two words that I have come across that follow the pattern of conjugating the verb from, keeping the stem, and smashing the two together.

1 Like

It’s just kun’yomi, but with okurigana omitted so it takes up less room. Typically used on signgage. I don’t know if there’s a special name for it, but you’re gonna see a lot of examples around the place. For example: