🎙 📝 Speak/Write Every Day Challenge (Winter 2023) 🏂 ❄

Home post

1月28日

今日はとてもよかった。大坂へ友達のエベントで私が関わりに行った。トルココーヒーとオルガニク日本茶を試食した。日本人と外国人が来た。新しい友達も作った。出る前に、ラインが交換した。新しい友達は 今度神戸に会いましょう、と言った。

Also got to practice a bit of speaking/ comprehension today during the event. Yayyy!

4 Likes

1月28日

日記

今朝、先生とレッスンをした。
「んです」と「んだけど」を練習した。
私は来年、日本に行くつもりだと言った。

午後に私は友達と赤ちゃんと散歩した。
赤ちゃんは大きいコートを着て、帽子をかぶって可愛かった。
彼はすでに生後一ヶ月だ。
時間が経つのは早いね。

夕方にナウン・タウンというゲームをし始めた。
外国語を習うためにゲームだ。
パン屋のゲームは楽しかった。

I had a lesson with my teacher this morning.
We practised ‘んです’ and ‘んだけど’.
I told him I am going to Japan next year.

In the afternoon I took a walk with my friend and her baby.
The baby was cute, wearing a big coat and a hat.
He is already a month old.
Time goes by so fast, doesn’t it?

In the evening I started playing a game called Noun Town.
It’s a game to learn foreign languages.
The bakery game was fun.

Replies

それはとても楽しそうです。

That sounds like a lot of fun.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

Home post

1月29日

Speaking practice today with my italki teacher.

So many corrections from last diary entry! :sweat_smile:

大坂へ友達のエベントで私が関わりに行った。→ 大阪へ友達のイベントに行った。

• 大坂 → 大阪
  • エベント → イベント
  • で私が関わりに行った → に行った

トルココーヒーとオルガニク日本茶を試食した。→ トルココーヒーとオーガニックの日本茶を試飲した。

• オルガニク → オーガニック
  • オルガニク日本茶 → オーガニックの日本茶
  • 試食 → 試飲

出る前に、ライン交換した。→ カフェ出る前に、ラインを交換した。

• 出る前に → 会場・カフェ・レストランを 出る前に
  • が →

今度神戸会いましょう、→ 今度神戸で会いましょう

• 神戸に →
4 Likes

1月29日

日記

今日、姉と姪が来た。
美術館に行って、フリーダ・カーロのエキシビションを見た。
本当に面白かった。

夕方に夫とからかい上手の高木さんの映画を見た。
本当に可愛かった。
英語の字幕があったのに、聞くだけで、かなり理解できた。

My sister and niece came over today.
We went to the museum and saw a Frida Kahlo exhibition.
It was really interesting.

In the evening, my husband and I watched the Teasing Master Takagi-san movie.
It was really cute.
Even though there were English subtitles, I could understand a lot of it just by listening to it.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

Home post

1月30日

今晩、同僚の送別会があった。ファンシーのレストランへ食べに行った。色々な食べ物が食べた。神戸の牛肉もあったけど、私は肉食食べないから、魚を注文してくれた。

そう言えば、2ヶ月まえ 他の同僚がやめた。次々で辞めているそうだね。

Tonight we had a farewell party for my colleague. We went to eat at a fancy restaurant. We ate different kinds of food. There was also Kobe beef, but because I don’t eat meat, they ordered fish for me.

Come to think of it, I had another colleague who resigned 2 months ago. It seems they are quitting one by one.

4 Likes

1月30日

日記

今日、たくさんの会議があった。
全部は大丈夫だった。
私の友達は木曜日にうちの会社で面接がある。
前の仕事に一緒によく働いたのでまた働き合ったらいいよ。

クリスマスのせいでちょっと太ったので痩せたい。
だから晩ご飯は炒め物を食べた。
美味しくてヘルシーだった。

I had a lot of meetings today.
All of them were ok.
My friend has an interview at our company on Thursday.
We worked well together in my last job, so it would be nice to work together again.

I’ve gained a bit of weight because of Christmas and I want to lose it.
So I had stir-fry for dinner.
It was tasty and healthy.

(Home Post)

3 Likes

:studio_microphone: :snowboarder: softlyraining’s snowy mountain of output :memo: :mountain_snow:

January 30th

みなさん、こんにちは。アップデートについて書かなくてごめんなさい。最近ほんとに忙しくなっちゃいました。 :smiling_face_with_tear: でも、ここに投稿しなくても、今まで毎日練習しました。先週は授業中に日本語で少し話して、すっごく緊張しました!話す練習はあんまりしませんが、すべきでしょう。書くのはもっと早いんですけど…

Replies

Obviously I’m a bit behind, so please bear with me. :disappointed_relieved:

I thought this was so funny! Honestly, with trying to do this challenge along with the reading and listening ones, I certainly have my moments where I check off what feels like “the bare minimum” for the day. Still, every bit counts, right?

@lucylavelle Keep doing your best at work! Hopefully things aren’t as stressful this week as they seemed to be last week.

2 Likes

Home post

1月31日

今晩 italki 先生と授業をした。いつものように、先生は私の日記をチェックした。たくさん間違いことがあった。そして、みんなの日本語の教科書を使って勉強した。やっと第21課終わった。

私もそう思います!:sweat_smile:

End of the first month of the year! Congratulations for all your hard work everybody!

3 Likes

1月31日

日記

今日、またミーティングがたくさんあったけど明日、短いミーティングが二つだけだ。
私はほとんど自分で仕事をする一日を楽しみにしていろよ。

晩ご飯で夫がソーセージ・カレーを作ってくれた。
それは私の好きな食事だ。
本当に美味しかった。
その後でタロの味のもちを食べた。
タロはちょっと変な味と思うけど好きだ。

I had a lot of meetings again today, but tomorrow I only have two short meetings.
I’m looking forward to a day of mostly working on my own!

My husband cooked a sausage curry for dinner.
That’s my favourite meal.
It was really good.
Afterwards I had some Taro-flavoured sticky rice cakes.
I think Taro tastes a bit weird, but I like it.

Replies

This week is much better, thank you! I had a lot to do over the past few weeks, and not much time to get it all done… So it was getting a bit stressful. The next few weeks should be a little bit calmer though hopefully! :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

3 Likes

:studio_microphone: :snowboarder: softlyraining’s snowy mountain of output :memo: :mountain_snow:

January 31st

医者

今日は医者に行った。グーグルマップによれば、バスを乗るなら30分くらいかかって、歩くなら45分くらいかかる。露骨に言ったら、私がケチだ。「医者まで歩けるに決まってる!いい運動だね!」と思って、今朝は歩いた。ちなみに、一番速いルートの往復のバス代は10ドルだけだ。とにかく、医者までの散歩はまあ大丈夫だったけど、健診が終わると、ホントに疲れちゃった。全然歩きたくなかったよ、確かに。でもバス代のカードにお金を入れなかったから、しょうがなかった。今日の学んだことは、「長すぎるなら、バス代を払う」ということだ。 :persevere:

To echo @alygator, we made it to the end of January! I honestly wasn’t sure I’d make it to this point, but I’m glad I did, no matter how small my practice was. Here’s to another month of outputting! :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Certainly didn’t do every remaining day of january so no extra rule for me! Weekends have been especially poor for me. Last weekend I left after work on friday to go to my girlfriends house and I came back on the 終電 on sunday so I don’t think I even turned my computer on the whole weekend. Sucks for the challenge, but mah shouganai.

It has been pretty rough trying to come up with things to talk about for 1000 characters every day though, lol. Some times its a breeze but some times I spend more time thinking of what to write than I do writing.

4 Likes

Home post

2月1日

Grammar practice from mistakes in Bunpro:

なくてもいい don’t have to

• このレストランでマスクを付けなくてもいいです。
  • 明日週末だから、早く起きなくてもいいんだ。

たらいい・といい it would be nice if, it would be good if, should・I hope

• 毎日マスクを付けなかったらいいとおもう。(not actually sure i can use a negative form for this :woman_shrugging:t2:)
  • 私のパートナーと一緒に暮らしたらいい。

~ても・でも even if, even though

• 私の同僚は全部用事を終わっても上司が帰る前に帰りません。
  • 毎日日本語で書いて読んでも日本語を上手じゃない。:sweat_smile:

So many uses for ても :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

2月1日

日記

昼休みに、前の同僚とバーガーを食べた。
一緒に働くときに、月に一回に一緒にランチをした。
もう一緒に仕事をすることはなくても、今でも時々ランチをする。
会って嬉しいよね

夕方、日本語でエアロビクスのビデオを見ながら、運動した。
本当に難しかったよ。
その後で、ちょう疲れた。
しかし、「あとちょと!」 、「止まらないで!」や「 もうちょい頑張って!」のフレーズを全然忘れないと思う

At lunchtime I had a burger with my former colleagues.
We had lunch together once a month when we worked together.
Even though we don’t work together anymore, we still have lunch together sometimes.
It’s nice to see them.

In the evening, I exercised with an aerobics video in Japanese.
It was really difficult.
I was really tired afterwards.
However, I think I will never forget the phrases “Just a little more!”, “Don’t stop!” and “Just a little more!”.

(Home Post)

3 Likes

February 1st

I’m going to challenge myself to do more speaking practice this month, since I pretty much only wrote in January.

Recording for February 1st

I believe you can! This site has a negative usage as one of its examples. This site is fully in Japanese, but it also has a negative example sentence.

3 Likes

Home post

2月2日

Another day of grammar practice

ながら

• 毎日お菓子を口にしながらはたらきます。
  • 彼氏はときどきねながら話します。

し (Reasons)

• 彼氏は家事をできるし、何でも食べるので、彼氏と一緒にくらしたいとおもう。
  • 毎日 日本語で読むし、書くし、話すから 日本語を上手になるといい。
Replies

Sounds intense but fun! :sweat_smile: And those phrases are hilarious. Would you mind sending over the link if it’s online? No pressure though.

Thank you for the links you provided! Super helpful!

And your speaking practice is amazing by the way! Coming from someone who only ever speaks to their teacher. If anyone else, it’s never in full sentences. Just a word, or a phrase. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

2月2日

日記

昨日の運動のせいで、今日、たくさんの痛いがあった。
多分今日休むするべきだったけどまだビート・セイバーをしたかった。
痛いなのに、ビート・セイバは楽しかった。

前の同僚はうちの会社に面接した。
チームは「面接は良かった」と言ったけどまだ彼はデザイン・テストをしないといけない。
また一緒に働けたらいいね

Lots of aches and pains today because of yesterday’s exercise.
I probably should have rested today, but I still wanted to play Beat Saber.
Despite the pain, Beat Saber was fun.

My former colleague, interviewed for a job at our company.
The team said the interview was good, but he still has to do a design test.
Hopefully we can work together again.

Replies

I can’t find the same video today! I searched ”歩き 運動” on youtube and scrolled through a few pages and skimmed through a few of the videos until I found one that suited what I was looking for. I was looking for one of those “walk at home” type videos to do some light cardio. The one I ended up picking was actually much tougher than I intended, the bit that I skimmed through that looked like it was what I wanted was actually just the warm up :sweat_smile:

(Home Post)

3 Likes

February 2nd

Recording for February 2nd

Replies

I’m sure you’re better than you think! We’re always our harshest critics. I’ve noticed from your writing that you’ve been improving, so just keep at it! :smile:

そのような経験はよく分かります。 :sweat_smile: 気をつけてくださいね!

3 Likes

Home post

2月3日

今日は節分だ。節分の時に日本の伝統がたくさんある。例えば、「鬼は外、福は内!」と言いながら 家の中豆まきを投げる。私には昼休みの時に恵方巻を買った。南東を向いて立ちながら 恵方巻を食べた。日本の伝統が面白いと思う。

Replies

Thanks for trying to find it again @lucylavelle . I’ll try to look it up too tomorrow. I’m so amazed at your will to exercise. I have such a hard time to get myself to do it. :sweat_smile: Maybe I just need to buy beat saber. Hahaha.

Thank you so much @softlyraining !! The affirmation means a lot!

1 Like

2月3日

日記

今日、先生とレッスンをした。
ネイティブリーについて話をした。
私に「読んだマンガの中で一番の高いレベルは何ですか」とか質問を聞いた。
先週末の姉と姪の来訪も話をした。

午後にオフィスに行かないといけなかった。
今年は本当に忙しくなるので、新人が必要がある。
だから候補を面接した。

I had a lesson with my teacher today.
We talked about Natively.
She asked me questions like ‘what is the highest level of manga you have read?’.
We also talked about my sister and niece’s visit last weekend.

I had to go to the office in the afternoon.
This year is going to be really busy so we need new people.
So I interviewed candidates.

Replies

Honestly, Beat Saber revolutionised exercise for me! I’ve never been sporty, or had any motivation to do exercise. But once I started played Beat Saber, I loved playing so much that I was playing for at least an hour most days! I ended up being pretty fit for a while! (…but then I started learning Japanese properly and that sucks up a LOT of time :grin:)

(Home Post)

2 Likes

February 3rd

Quickly recorded this before my class starts, so hopefully I wasn’t just mumbling incoherently. :sweat_smile: :crossed_fingers:

Recording for February 3rd

1 Like