🎙 📝 Speak/Write Every Day Challenge (Winter 2023) 🏂 ❄

Days 2 - 15 :stuck_out_tongue:

So I haven’t been writing any updates here even though I’ve been meaning to… I wrote something every day until the 9th but last week was really busy so the 10th, 12th, and 13th I skipped entirely (I just made a few notes in English which I intended to write in Japanese later) and I wrote everything on my phone with the expectation that I’d find the time and energy to transfer it to my diary over the weekend… I got started with that on Sunday but I’m still 5-6 days behind :face_holding_back_tears: At this point I’m fine with writing 今日(きょう)はオレンジを()べた。and calling it a day:p First build the habit, focus on quality later.

4 Likes

Home post

1月16日

Today was a speaking day with my italki teacher. And she corrected some of my sentences from January 12.

地球の気温が上がることつずけている。
→ 地球の気温が上が離つづけている。
この環境問題はいつも考えて心配している。
→ この環境問題をいつも考えて、心配している。
どうすればいいのか。
→ どんなことができるのか。

Replies

君の名前は一番アニメ好きです。五回目みました。でもいつも英語subtitlesで見ました。にほんごaudioだけで見たことがありません。Not a literal translation because I can’t express myself just yet: :sweat_smile: Your name is my favorite anime. I’ve watched it five times (whenever I feel like a good cry). But I only watch it with english subtitles. I have never watched it with japanese audio only. (I should definitely try it!)

ありがとう!どの韓国料理を食べましたか?

さしぶりですね。だいじょうぶだとおもいます。It’s a good idea! Building a habit of things is always the difficult part. I just bought a planner for 2023, a bit late. But i’m planning to do as you do and write daily Japanese (and Korea) sentences.

5 Likes

1月16日

日記

今日、出版社の人はうちのオフィスに訪ねていたので私はオフィスに働かないといけなかった。
オフィスにいくのが大嫌いので心配したけど大丈夫だった。
プログラマの会議があった。
私はたくさんのことを分からなかったけどまだ面白かった。

仕事の後でみんなはタートル・ベイというレストランに行った。
カリビアンの料理だった。
私は辛いチキンバーガーを食べた。
みんなと喋るのが楽しんだ。

Today people from our publisher were visiting our office, so I had to work in the office.
I was worried because I hate going to the office, but it was fine.
There was a meeting of programmers.
I didn’t understand a lot of things but it was still interesting.

After work we went to a restaurant in Turtle Bay.
It was Caribbean food.
I had a spicy chicken burger.
I enjoyed talking to everyone.

Replies

@alygator
Your Name is wonderful, definitely one of my favourites!
The first time I saw it was in the cinema as part of a double feature when Weathering with You was released in the UK 4 years ago and it just blew my mind with how beautiful it was. Every frame feels like it could be a piece of art on its own!
I’m looking forward to seeing Suzume too, so I really hope it gets a UK release soon!

(Home Post)

4 Likes

:studio_microphone: :snowboarder: softlyraining’s snowy mountain of output :memo: :mountain_snow:

January 16th

積読の罪の意識

昨日は本屋に行って本を買ったということを書いた。ひやかしで見て回って、少し罪の意識を感じた。英語でも、日本語でも、もうたくさん本を持っている。面白そうな小説が多くて、色々書きたかったけど、「遠慮すべきだよ。まだ読んでない本をたくさん持ちすぎるよ」と思った。だから、一冊だけ買った。本好きになっているのは時々大変だね〜

@alygator I had kimchi fried rice and some sweet and sour fried chicken. I went to a small Korean fried chicken place. It was pretty good!

4 Likes

Home post

1月17日

二十八年まえに阪神大震災がある。六千人以上が亡くなった。今日は会社近いの場所は記念日式がある。大切な人とこどもはセリフを発表して、こどもが歌った。とても感動だと思った。

I used some vocab from a similar news article I read on the read everyday challenge!

Replies

@lucylavelle completely agree with you on the animation. Every single scene is so beautifully made, it takes your breath away. I’ve watched all three including Suzume (although for Suzume I had to make do with no subs so I may have missed a lot of things there), but if I were to rank them it would be Your Name first, Suzume second, and Weather with You last. That’s just my ranking and no spoilers on the films itself. Suzume was really good and I really love the themes of the three films. I hope Suzume comes out soon with subs so I can watch again. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

一月17日

日記

今日もオフィスに働かないといけなかった。
一つの長いミーティングを日中かかった。
同僚を会うのが嬉しかったけど今疲れきる。
昼休み中、日本人の同僚と日本語について話した。
それは楽しくて、面白かった。

I had to work in the office again today.
I had one long meeting that took all day.
I was happy to see my colleagues, but now I’m exhausted.
During the lunch break, I talked about the Japanese language with a Japanese colleague.
It was fun and interesting.

(Home Post)

3 Likes

Home post

1月18日

Today was a speaking day with my italki teacher. We always get sidetracked on lessons and start talking about random stuff in the middle. Of course all in basic japanese and good for speaking practice for me but I’m starting to think it’s way too slow… I was hoping to finish the first MnH before the ABBC starts next month. But at this rate we’re taking 2-3 weeks of classes for one lesson… We’ve been on 21 the last two weeks… :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

1月18日

日記

昨日は友達の誕生日だったので今日、カードとケーキを持っていった。
彼女の旦那はもうキャロットケーキを作ったから私たち一緒にそれを食べた。

晩ご飯はピザだった。
美味しかったけど私はダイエットをするはずだのでちょっと後ろめたい感じがある。

Yesterday was my friend’s birthday, so today I took her a card and a cake.
Her husband had already made a carrot cake, so we ate that together.

Dinner was pizza.
It was delicious but I feel a bit guilty because I’m supposed to be on a diet.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

Home post

1月19日

昨日はアマゾンでマンガをもらった。アマゾンポイントで払った。とても面白いマンガだと思う。来月からABBC「初級の本の部??」とこのマンガを読む。今回は初めて参加する。とても緊張している。

3 Likes

1月19日

日記

今日も仕事は忙しかった。
昨日のアップデートの問題のせいで、今日もアップデートを発売しないといけなかった。
みんなはちょっとストレスだったよ。
私にとって、今週の作業はまだ残るけど明日は金曜日だから時間が足りない。
週末に多分ちょっと残業は必要がある、残念だよ。

Work was busy again today.
Due to problems with yesterday’s update, we had to launch another update today.
It was a bit stressful for everyone.
I still have a lot of work left to do this week, but tomorrow is Friday, so I don’t have enough time.
I’ll probably have to work a bit of overtime at the weekend, which is a shame.

Replies

緊張しないでください!
ワニカニの読書クラブは本当に楽しいですよ。
みんなは親切でフレンドリーです。

Please don’t be nervous!
Wanikani bookclubs are really fun.
Everyone is helpful and friendly.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

Home post

1月20日

けさ友達にメセジをもらった。友達は、「今日は 晩ご飯をしましょうか」と言いた。そう言えば、 去年から会うことができなかった。両者がいそがしかった。美味し食べ物に楽しみだ。

Replies

@lucylavelle I agree completely. Everybody is so nice. It’s so refreshing compared to other places in the internet! So i think i’m not really nervous about interacting but nervous about my being able to keep up with everyone and losing my drive in the process. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:studio_microphone: :snowboarder: softlyraining’s snowy mountain of output :memo: :mountain_snow:

January 19th

みなさん、ちょっと久しぶりですね。今週は気分が悪くて、ここに投稿しませんでした。 :disappointed_relieved: でも、まだアウトプットをしています。この間、日記みたいな作文を書きかけましたが、眠くなっちゃったので、まだ終わっていません…昨日は宿題があったので、日本語でたくさん書きました。今日はこれですね。

明日元気になるといいですね… :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

1月20日

日記

昼休みに先生とレッスンをした。
結婚記念日の名前について話した。
例えば、一年目の記念日は「紙の記念日」だから紙でできている物は人気のプレゼント。
他の会話は、身長とおすすめアニメと漫画を話した。

I had a lesson with my teacher during my lunch break.
We talked about names for wedding anniversaries.
For example, the first year anniversary is a ‘paper anniversary’, so things made of paper are popular gifts.
Other conversations were about height and recommended anime and manga.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

January 20th

将来

ちょっと遅いけど、翻訳クラスが終わったばかりだ。もうすぐトライアルで、準備の気がしてない。同級生は私よりよく褒められて、不合格するだろうか?でも、実際にまだ褒められるから、合格かもしれないね。しかし、合格しても、仕事は最初の2年くらいすっこしだけもらえる。コースの終わりまでに将来は明らかになるかと思ったけど、あんまり明らかなさそうだ。

4 Likes

Home post

1月21日

今日やっとスイーツ食べ放題のレストランに行くことができた。 あっちはケーキやアイスや果物がある。 果物セットは高いだから、私と友達はケーキとアイスだけ食べた。 面白くて 美味しかったけど もう一度行かないと思う。 :sweat_smile:

More on the sweets buffet

Here’s a photo as requested by @softlyraining the other day. (By the way おかえりなさい! I hope you feel better and good luck on the translation exam.)

It was pretty insane. But the reason why I say i probably won’t go again is because i only went to try it for the novelty of it, but it’s really not good for me because of a history of diabetes in my family. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

1月21日

日記

今日、夫とタートル・ベイというレストランにデートした。
彼はヤギの肉を食べたことがなかったのでそれを食べたかった。
いつものように私は辛いチキンバーガーを選んだ。
その後でチリ・チョコレート・ブラウニーを食べた。
素晴らしいデートだったからまた行くつもりだ。

Today, my husband and I went on a date to a restaurant called Turtle Bay.
He had never had goat meat and wanted to try it.
As usual I opted for the spicy chicken burger.
Afterwards I had a chilli chocolate brownie.
It was a great date and I plan to go back.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

Home post

1月22日

今日ベトナム旧正月祭りへ行った。たくさんの人々あの祭りへきた。パフォーマンスやゲームがあった。ベトナム料理を売っていた。

Replies

美味しいそうですね。

4 Likes

1月22日

日記

夫とちょっと掃除した。
その後でランチに行った。
サブウェイの行って、サラミとペパロニのサンドを食べた。
そして、散歩して、グルドゥワラを見た。

午後にビート・セイバーをした。
最後のした歌はフル・コンボをしたので嬉しかった。
今より数年前に上手の方がいいけどまだ本当に楽しむ。

I cleaned up a bit with my husband.
Then we went for lunch.
We went to Subway and had a salami and pepperoni sandwich.
Then we went for a walk and saw the Gurdwara.

In the afternoon I played Beat Saber.
The last song I did, I got a full combo so I was happy.
I still really enjoy it, although I was better at it a few years ago than I am now.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

January 21st

ハネムーン

この間、パートナーとユーチューブでラスベガスのホテルについての動画を見た。カップルは色々なホテルに行って、部屋やロビーの活動を見せた。私はラスベガスに行ったことがなくて、賭け事以外に楽しそうなこといっぱいあるみたいだ。行きたいかとパートナーに聞いて、4月に行けるかなと言われた。去年の6月以来旅行しなかったから、ワクワクするけど、パートナーは休暇が少ない。だから、新婚旅行でどこにもまだ行っていない。沖縄に行きたかったけど、高いから無理でしょ。

January 22nd

モップの問題

この週末は静かだった。中古店へ行ってゲームやモップを買った。でも、家に帰えると、モップがちょっと壊れた気がついた。 :upside_down_face: まだ使えるけど、ちょっと残念だ。悲しくて、パートナーに大丈夫だよと言われた。

Replies

@alygator That dessert spread looks amazing! I’d be a goner if I went to a buffet like that. I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so odds are the staff would be rolling me out the door. :laughing:

4 Likes

Home post

1月23日

Today was a speaking day during which my teacher made corrections for the last two diary entries as usual.

あっちはケーキやアイスや果物がある
そのレストランにはケーキやアイスや果物があった
もう一度行かないと思う。
→ もう二度と行かないと思う。
たくさんの人々があの祭りへきた。
→ たくさんの人々がその祭りへきた。

5 Likes