🎙 📝 Speak/Write Every Day Challenge (Winter 2023) 🏂 ❄

Home post

1月12日

最近寒くなかったと思う。地球の気温が上がることつずけている。この環境問題はいつも考えて心配している。どうすればいいのか。この問題ついて何かしたい。

This is inspired by the NHK easy news I read today. I wonder if my entries are too short… I’m travelling from today to Sunday though so I’ll keep it this way for now. Will try not to miss any days!

Replies

Congrats to your sister @lucylavelle :partying_face:

I can relate to your frequent dilemma @softlyraining. I have many of those days too definitely… :persevere:

4 Likes

1月12日

日記

仕事の後で友達の家に行った。
他の友達も来た。
ボードゲームをした。
ウェーブレングス、ザー・マインドとインサイダーをした。

今日は夫のお父さんの誕生日だった。
私たちは彼に電話して、夫はハッピー・バースデーを歌った。
誰か「チョコレート・バットンズ」と言って、スージーが聞いて、寄った。
スージーはチョコレート・バットンズが大好きけど犬向けの特別なチョコレートだけ食べれる。

After work I went to a friend’s house.
Other friends came too.
We played board games.
We played Wave Lengths, The Mind and Insider.

Today was my husband’s father’s birthday.
We called him and my husband sang Happy Birthday.
Someone said chocolate buttons, Susie heard and came over.
Susie loves chocolate buttons but can only eat the special chocolate for dogs.

Replies

You are doing fine :slight_smile: Output is hard, and takes ages at first. Most of my diaries from the first year I kept one are only a few lines long, and most of them are just talking about what I ate. :grin:

Here’s a photo of my diary for Feb 26th, 2021.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

:studio_microphone: :snowboarder: softlyraining’s snowy mountain of output :memo: :mountain_snow:

January 12th

Another case of last-minute-practice… :upside_down_face: 仕方がないですね〜

単語練習

いっそrather, sooner, preferably

1. 彼に打ち解けるのなら、いっそバンジージャンプをやった方がマシだよ。
  2. 失敗するぐらいならいっそ豚足を食べた方がマシです。
  3. 振られるならいっそ生まれなければよかったな〜。
  4. ネガティブなことはいっそ言ってやめよう。

@alygator 大丈夫です!短くても、長くてもいいと思います。 :slightly_smiling_face:
@lucylavelle 義理の父へ、誕生日おめでとうございます!また、パートナーはボードゲームが好きなので、ルーシーさんが言ったのを調べなきゃならないんです。(私も好きですが、パートナーはダイスキ)

4 Likes

I’m going to be out for the entirety of next day (which is why I put in this rule) so I went to write my thing for tomorrow and was stuck between if I should just write about what I’ll be doing or get a prompt. Figured to just try for a prompt and see if there was anything good and I got this

I guess that settles what I’ll be writing about.

7 Likes

:studio_microphone: :snowboarder: softlyraining’s snowy mountain of output :memo: :mountain_snow:

January 13th

翻訳の授業

今まで冬休みなので、クラスに行きませんでした。今夜はもう一度授業があります。少し緊張しています。授業は楽しくて面白いですが、ストレスも感じることだと思います。早く卒業したり、仕事がもらえたりしたいです。でも、3月まで待たなきゃなりません。

5 Likes

January 13th!

I fell asleep before posting last night!

日記

今日仕事は本当に忙しかった。
ミーティングが六つあったので一日中はミーティングだった。
まずはボスとプラニングのミーティングをした。
次はスタンド・アップが二つあった。
その後でスプリント・プラニングのミーティングが三つあった。
残念ながら、他の作業もしないといけなかったので残業をしないといけなかった。
ちょっと大変だった。

幸いなことに、昼休みの時に先生とレッスンをした。
それは元気が出た。
今年の勉強の進め方について話した。
ゆくっりして続けるのが決めた。
二人ともは学習がストレスではなく、楽しくあるべきと思う。
素晴らしい先生だよね。

Work was really busy today.
I had six meetings, so I had meetings all day.
First I had a planning meeting with my bosses.
Next there were two stand ups.
Then there were three sprint planning meetings.
Unfortunately, I had to work some overtime because I had to do other work as well.
It was a bit difficult.

Fortunately, I had a lesson with my teacher during my lunch break.
That cheered me up.
We talked about how to proceed with our studies this year.
We decided to continue in a relaxed manner.
We both think that learning should be fun, not stressful.
She’s a great teacher.

(Home Post)

5 Likes

January 14th

日記

今日、私はちょっと調子が悪かったけどまだイーノさんとレッスンをした。
「〜んだ」の使い方を練習した。
レッスンの前に読む時にそれをわかるけど使い方はまだ難しかった。
今もっと分かると思う

Today I was a bit unwell but still had a lesson.
Practised the way to use 〜んだ.
Before the lesson,I could recognise it when I read, but it was still difficult to use it.
I think I understand it better now.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

Home post

1月15日

:pensive::jp::airplane::kr:

今日まで韓国にいた。3時間前アパートへ帰った。とても忙しかったから、書いて読むことができなかった。Read and write/speak challenge のストリークを失った。書くことと読むことは3日欠かした。WKの練習して 新しいレッソンだけした。残念だけど 韓国旅 楽しいかった。韓国料理を食べたりともだちと会ったりした。6ヶ月後に韓国へまた行かなければならない。

Replies

@lucylavelle you did so great managing your time despite your crazy busy schedule plus feeling unwell!! Hope you recover soon!

4 Likes

1月15日

日記

今日、義理の妹は赤ちゃんの性別を見出して、男の子だ。
私たちにソノグラフを見せた。
出産予定日は六月だ
楽しみにしています。

ランチはカーブリーに行った。
美味しいハチミツで焼いたニンジンとパースニップスがあったのでいつものように食べすぎた。

夕方に君の名はを見た。
その映画を初めて見たとき、私は最近日本語を勉強し始めたところだった。
そのときにいくつか言葉だけ見分けたけど「一年間の後で、どこまで理解できてくるかな」と思った。
だから、毎年の同日付で見ることにした。
今年は四回目だった。
ほとんど分かったけどその物語はもう慣れたんだ。

Today my sister-in-law found out the sex of the baby and it is a boy.
She showed us the sonograph.
The baby’s due in June.
We are looking forward to it.

We went to a carvery for lunch.
They had delicious honey baked carrots and parsnips so we ate too much as usual.

In the evening I watched Your Name.
When I first saw that film, I had only recently started studying Japanese.
I only recognised a few words at the time, but I wondered how much I would be able to understand after a year.
So I decided to watch the film on the same date every year.
This year was the fourth time.
I understood most of it, but familiar with the story now.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

January 14th ・ January 15th

I did my writing practice before bed yesterday (really need to get out of that habit…), but I was too tired to post it.

14日

授業が戻ったばかりだけど、もう疲れて、今日ちょっと燃え尽きる気がした。そして、一ヶ月に一回ダンジョンズ&ドラゴンズをやって、今日のセッションはちょっと長すぎたと思う。友達と喋るチャンスだけど、時々長い時間が経って何も言わないこともある。疲れたから、ちょっと早く終わらせたい。この感じがしたけど、まだ楽しかった。

15日

今日も忙しいけど、楽しかった。韓国料理を食べて、そして本屋へ行って新しい日本小説を買った。後で、「ザ・メニュー」という映画を見た。緊張感がすごく高いと思っていた!面白かったけど、少しわからない部分もあった。

@alygator 心配しないで、韓国を楽しんでね!

4 Likes

Days 2 - 15 :stuck_out_tongue:

So I haven’t been writing any updates here even though I’ve been meaning to… I wrote something every day until the 9th but last week was really busy so the 10th, 12th, and 13th I skipped entirely (I just made a few notes in English which I intended to write in Japanese later) and I wrote everything on my phone with the expectation that I’d find the time and energy to transfer it to my diary over the weekend… I got started with that on Sunday but I’m still 5-6 days behind :face_holding_back_tears: At this point I’m fine with writing 今日(きょう)はオレンジを()べた。and calling it a day:p First build the habit, focus on quality later.

4 Likes

Home post

1月16日

Today was a speaking day with my italki teacher. And she corrected some of my sentences from January 12.

地球の気温が上がることつずけている。
→ 地球の気温が上が離つづけている。
この環境問題はいつも考えて心配している。
→ この環境問題をいつも考えて、心配している。
どうすればいいのか。
→ どんなことができるのか。

Replies

君の名前は一番アニメ好きです。五回目みました。でもいつも英語subtitlesで見ました。にほんごaudioだけで見たことがありません。Not a literal translation because I can’t express myself just yet: :sweat_smile: Your name is my favorite anime. I’ve watched it five times (whenever I feel like a good cry). But I only watch it with english subtitles. I have never watched it with japanese audio only. (I should definitely try it!)

ありがとう!どの韓国料理を食べましたか?

さしぶりですね。だいじょうぶだとおもいます。It’s a good idea! Building a habit of things is always the difficult part. I just bought a planner for 2023, a bit late. But i’m planning to do as you do and write daily Japanese (and Korea) sentences.

5 Likes

1月16日

日記

今日、出版社の人はうちのオフィスに訪ねていたので私はオフィスに働かないといけなかった。
オフィスにいくのが大嫌いので心配したけど大丈夫だった。
プログラマの会議があった。
私はたくさんのことを分からなかったけどまだ面白かった。

仕事の後でみんなはタートル・ベイというレストランに行った。
カリビアンの料理だった。
私は辛いチキンバーガーを食べた。
みんなと喋るのが楽しんだ。

Today people from our publisher were visiting our office, so I had to work in the office.
I was worried because I hate going to the office, but it was fine.
There was a meeting of programmers.
I didn’t understand a lot of things but it was still interesting.

After work we went to a restaurant in Turtle Bay.
It was Caribbean food.
I had a spicy chicken burger.
I enjoyed talking to everyone.

Replies

@alygator
Your Name is wonderful, definitely one of my favourites!
The first time I saw it was in the cinema as part of a double feature when Weathering with You was released in the UK 4 years ago and it just blew my mind with how beautiful it was. Every frame feels like it could be a piece of art on its own!
I’m looking forward to seeing Suzume too, so I really hope it gets a UK release soon!

(Home Post)

4 Likes

January 16th

積読の罪の意識

昨日は本屋に行って本を買ったということを書いた。ひやかしで見て回って、少し罪の意識を感じた。英語でも、日本語でも、もうたくさん本を持っている。面白そうな小説が多くて、色々書きたかったけど、「遠慮すべきだよ。まだ読んでない本をたくさん持ちすぎるよ」と思った。だから、一冊だけ買った。本好きになっているのは時々大変だね〜

@alygator I had kimchi fried rice and some sweet and sour fried chicken. I went to a small Korean fried chicken place. It was pretty good!

4 Likes

Home post

1月17日

二十八年まえに阪神大震災がある。六千人以上が亡くなった。今日は会社近いの場所は記念日式がある。大切な人とこどもはセリフを発表して、こどもが歌った。とても感動だと思った。

I used some vocab from a similar news article I read on the read everyday challenge!

Replies

@lucylavelle completely agree with you on the animation. Every single scene is so beautifully made, it takes your breath away. I’ve watched all three including Suzume (although for Suzume I had to make do with no subs so I may have missed a lot of things there), but if I were to rank them it would be Your Name first, Suzume second, and Weather with You last. That’s just my ranking and no spoilers on the films itself. Suzume was really good and I really love the themes of the three films. I hope Suzume comes out soon with subs so I can watch again. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

一月17日

日記

今日もオフィスに働かないといけなかった。
一つの長いミーティングを日中かかった。
同僚を会うのが嬉しかったけど今疲れきる。
昼休み中、日本人の同僚と日本語について話した。
それは楽しくて、面白かった。

I had to work in the office again today.
I had one long meeting that took all day.
I was happy to see my colleagues, but now I’m exhausted.
During the lunch break, I talked about the Japanese language with a Japanese colleague.
It was fun and interesting.

(Home Post)

3 Likes

Home post

1月18日

Today was a speaking day with my italki teacher. We always get sidetracked on lessons and start talking about random stuff in the middle. Of course all in basic japanese and good for speaking practice for me but I’m starting to think it’s way too slow… I was hoping to finish the first MnH before the ABBC starts next month. But at this rate we’re taking 2-3 weeks of classes for one lesson… We’ve been on 21 the last two weeks… :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

1月18日

日記

昨日は友達の誕生日だったので今日、カードとケーキを持っていった。
彼女の旦那はもうキャロットケーキを作ったから私たち一緒にそれを食べた。

晩ご飯はピザだった。
美味しかったけど私はダイエットをするはずだのでちょっと後ろめたい感じがある。

Yesterday was my friend’s birthday, so today I took her a card and a cake.
Her husband had already made a carrot cake, so we ate that together.

Dinner was pizza.
It was delicious but I feel a bit guilty because I’m supposed to be on a diet.

(Home Post)

4 Likes

Home post

1月19日

昨日はアマゾンでマンガをもらった。アマゾンポイントで払った。とても面白いマンガだと思う。来月からABBC「初級の本の部??」とこのマンガを読む。今回は初めて参加する。とても緊張している。

3 Likes

1月19日

日記

今日も仕事は忙しかった。
昨日のアップデートの問題のせいで、今日もアップデートを発売しないといけなかった。
みんなはちょっとストレスだったよ。
私にとって、今週の作業はまだ残るけど明日は金曜日だから時間が足りない。
週末に多分ちょっと残業は必要がある、残念だよ。

Work was busy again today.
Due to problems with yesterday’s update, we had to launch another update today.
It was a bit stressful for everyone.
I still have a lot of work left to do this week, but tomorrow is Friday, so I don’t have enough time.
I’ll probably have to work a bit of overtime at the weekend, which is a shame.

Replies

緊張しないでください!
ワニカニの読書クラブは本当に楽しいですよ。
みんなは親切でフレンドリーです。

Please don’t be nervous!
Wanikani bookclubs are really fun.
Everyone is helpful and friendly.

(Home Post)

4 Likes