🎙 📝 Speak/Write Every Day Challenge (Fall-to-Winter 2022) 🍁 ❄

Homepost

I’m also not doing so well at the every day part. I think the last post I made here was Friday, so update since then. I got vaxxed on Saturday and I was pretty sick over the weekend (although not as bad as after my third) so I used it as an excuse to not do anything except play video games. I went to my normal lesson and did a ton of speaking on Monday, and I went to my Taiko club and did some speaking there on Wednesday. I don’t think I’ll count that though. No grammar lessons since last week, but I’ll have time to do some today.

6 Likes

Okay, should be caught up by tomorrow (at least, with this challenge). :sweat_smile:

12月12日

概日リズム

翻訳のクラスのせいで、毎週末概日リズムは悪くなっちゃう。翻訳のキャンパスは東京にあって、あそこで16時半になる時、ここで23時半だ。早朝起きるのが好きだけど、理想的な就寝時間になると、まだ眠くないから、遅く寝ちゃう。今ももうすぐ23時だ。どうしようかな。

12月13日

読書のこと

映画を見て以来、「エヴァンゲリオン」をすごく興味になった。昨日は漫画の読み試しを読んで、思ったより難しくなかったから、買おうかなと思っている。最近、あんまり読んでいない。アドベントカレンダーのチャレンジは本を読むことに決めたけど、遅れちゃった。多分漫画を買わない方がいいのに、まだ考えてる。

Replies

@polv お父さんが大丈夫そうで、よかったですね!早く良くなるといいですね!
@lucylavelle 流れ星も四つ見たんですか!?考えたら、一回しか見なかったと思います。本当にラッキーですね!

5 Likes

12月15日

日記

仕事は忙しかった。
クリスマスのためにたくさんの同僚は休みだったのでいつもより会議は少なかったけどたくさんのペーパーワークを取り返しないといけなかった。
複雑なスプレッドシート更新し始めたけど時間を使い果たした。
明日を終われるかな

(Home Post)

5 Likes

Homepost

Wrote 4 sentences on 2 grammar points yesterday, 〜ることがある and ことなのです. Today I did は〜で有名.

I don’t have work today and I’m a little bored so i think i may also practice some kanji handwriting stuff also, just for fun.

5 Likes

12月14日

新年の決意

今日は新年の決意を考えた。数年前色んな決意をやりたかったけど、3月になるたびに、いつも諦めちゃった。この頃、新年の決意はない。実は目標を設定するのが難しいと思う。時々目標に達するようになることはあるけど、普通は達しないか諦めることもある。こういうことになる時、がっかりして、落ち込む。結局もう一度頑張って目標絵お設定して、パターンを繰り返す。

12月15日

クリスマスカード

今日はクリスマスカードを書いた。パートナーは少し手伝ってくれたけど、書き方があんまり綺麗じゃないから、3枚だけ書いてくれた。 :sweat_smile:家族と友達がクリスマスの前にカードをもらうかどうかわからない。 :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

12月16日

日記

今朝、仕事で毎年の評価があった。
いいことと改善する点について話した。
いいことのは私は納期を守るのが得意だ。
また、人は「プロデューサーは悪人だ」とよく思うが、同僚は私が好きです。
改善する点は人と人が口論しているとき、もっと早く割って入るべきだ。
全体、良い評価だったと思う。

Replies

新年の決意はいいと思うけど、もし諦めたら時々感じが悪いですね。
今年の決意はJLPT N4を合格しました。
できたので本当に嬉しい!
しかし、今、たくさんの人は「来年の決意のはN3の合格しますか」と言います。
かなりプレッシャーですよね!

今、来年の新年の決意はまだ決めないけど毎日、日本語で本を読み続けるとか、日本語で日記を書き続けるとか, そういうことをやるつもりだと思っています。
もっとフレキシブルなことです

(Home Post)

3 Likes

12月16日 (金): Q4 2022 :christmas_tree: :jp:

大学院のこと

昨日、長い時間に終わらない研究調査が友達に手伝ってくれた。前に研究人手不足からほとんど進めない。アンケートだから、アンケートの問題もある。分かりにくいとか、長いとか、目的が分からないとか。

調査がどうかまとめたら、そんな大学院学習に卒業はず。次の仕事に関して学習はまだある。今の学習は仕事に関係ない、私のしたい学習だけ。(ちょっと勘違いしまったけど。)

日曜日は、仕事に関して会議を予定です。

3 Likes

12月17日

オンラインの忘年会に行った。
だからたくさん日本語で話すのが練習しました。
映画とか、ゲームとか、日本語勉強とか話をしました

今日、本当に忙しいので多分日記を書きません。
でも明日、今日と明日の日記が二つ書くつもりです。

(Home Post)

4 Likes

12月17日
今学期がやっと終わったので、これからちゃんと毎日何かを書こうと思っています。

最近私の愛猫のいたずらがだんだん増えていく。置いてあるものを机から落としたり、角から突然飛び出したりから、つい、人のものを盗んだりまでしてるみたい。弟のイヤホンのマイクは、数日前なくなって、今日家に戻った時、私のベッドの上に見つけた。一階下のクリスマスツリーのオーナメントと共にwww。私が思うのは、猫はたぶんそれが鳥とでも思ってて私にくれようとした。猫からのクリスマスプレゼントかもしれない。オーナメントはきちんとツリーに戻したけど、また持ってきた。あのオーナメントは本当に気に入ってるみたい。

現行犯の写真

趣味はノーム狩りみたいね :joy:

4 Likes

So sad I missed this! I definitely need to work on output, but i already committed to another challenge this December. Any chance an output based challenge will happen again for January?

@potatonaught this sounds fun! I’ve heard of pechakucha before and seen a few folks do it before. Never done it myself though. I’m curious how you would implement it in this challenge. Would it be impromptu where you’d speak for 20 seconds for every slide that’s shown? Or would you write down what you’d be saying in advance for those 20 seconds?

3 Likes

12月18日

日記

夕方、マラオケのためにロンドンに行った。
車で行ったが、電車の運転士のストライキのせいで交通はひどかった。
でも到着してから、マラオケは本当に楽しかった。
みんな一緒にたくさんの歌を歌った。
終わりときにシークレット・サンタをしました。
私はキングダム・ハーツというゲームをあげって、帽子とマフラーをもらった。

For context, Maraoke is a karaoke night that happens once a month in London, where the lyrics of songs have been changed to be about video games. :grin:
Its bizarre but also great.

Replies

Hey, feel free to join us for the rest of the month :slight_smile: Late starters are always welcome!
Not sure when the next challenge will be - So far we had one in September and December. So perhaps March if you are planning to run another one @softlyraining?

かわいい猫ですよね!
写真を見せてくれたのは嬉しいです。ありがとうございます!

(Home Post)

6 Likes

Well, I ended up missing two days of the challenge. :sob: Still, I’m not about to let that get me down: just gotta jump back on the wagon and keep moving forward!

12月18日

翻訳コースの先生

金曜日の翻訳授業は教えてもらったことがない先生だった。超元気で、楽しいクラスだった。後でリンクトインを調べて、先生を見つけた。プロフィルを読むと、大学生の頃にスペイン語とフランス語を勉強して、外国語も3つわかってる!読んでから以前よりも日本語をもっと上手になれるようになりたい。今週は勉強の仕方を直すことを考える。

@alygator So far (which has only been twice) I’ve put together this challenge during the months when the reading/listening challenges aren’t, thinking that it might be easier for people to join in if they aren’t already doing one or both of those. I don’t mind hosting it more often (I, too, really need more output practice, and one of my resolutions for next year is to practice more). Maybe I’ll put together a poll towards the end of the month to gauge interest in changing up the schedule. If not, the next one will be in March.

5 Likes

12月18日

ゲーム

冬休みが始まったら毎日たくさん勉強しようと思ってたが実際始まった今、今日中原神っていうゲームをやってしまった。結構前始まったゲームだけど、最後やったのはたぶん半年前だった。そのせいで新しいストーリーが出たのに前のをまだクリアしてなかった。新しいストーリーがプレイしたくて、今日前のほうを全部クリアした。それで気づけばもうかなり遅くなっていた。これからはゲームをする前に必ず少しでも勉強をするように心掛けようと思う。そうじゃないと日が瞬く間に消えてしまいそう。まだ眠くないからこのあと、少し日本語の勉強をするつもり。

Replies

それはすごく楽しそうですね。どのようなゲームの曲でしたか?

4 Likes

This video probably won’t stay up for too long because they usually delete them a few days after the live stream - but my favourite song of the night was Dua Lipa’s “Levitating”, rewritten to be about Crypt of the Necrodancer - Which starts at 1:29:00 into this video :smiley:

In fact, If you start watching at 1:25:00, you’ll also get to hear a song that only gets sung once a year at the Christmas Party. Shakin’ Stevens “Merry Christmas Everyone” except now its “Merry Christmas Pokemon”

3 Likes

12月19日

日記

今朝にロンドンのペッカムで買い物をしに行った。
夫は私に新しいスニーカーを買ってくれた。
それはクリスマスのプレゼントだ。
また新しいボールペンとクッキーを買った。
コスタという喫茶店に行った。
トブラローネの味のココアを食べてみた。
かなり美味しかった。

(Home Post)

5 Likes

12月20日

日記

夕方に夫はリビングにプレゼントをを包んでいる時に、プレゼントの上に水のしずくが落ちてきた。
天井から落ちてきた。
天井は濡れて、水の跡があった。
災難だったよ!
たくさんの水道屋さんに電話したが、「ごめん、忙しすぎます」と行った。

その後で、トイレの天井も水漏れし始めた。
やっと、暇な水道屋さんを見つけた。
すでに夜の九時半になっていたが、「今すぐ行きます」といった。
彼は水漏れの原因を見つけて、それを止めた。
ちゃんと治すのために特別な部品が必要があるので別の日に戻るつもりだ。
しかし、漏れが止まることができてよかったよ。

(Home Post)

6 Likes

12月19~20日
Finally got around to trying to write the continuation to that story. Wrote this over yesterday and today. While doing that I realized I have no clue how to properly write dialogue yet alone in Japanese :joy:

続き

この町に来てから、毎日のようにこの道を通っていた。このようなちっぽけな田舎の田舎みたいな町に引っ越したのは、叔母の死の後、長く家族に引き継いだこの土地を管理する人はほかにいなかったせいだ。管理の一部は、よく町の人々が使うこの道の様子を見ること。そうは言ってもここら辺に何かの出来事とでも起こるどころか、何も起こらなさすぎてただ日々がすぎるばかり。小さな丘の向こうから見知った人がゆっくり歩いて、現れた。彼女は片方のイヤホンを外して、「こんばんは、結構寒くなってるよね。」と挨拶した。
「そうだよね。もうすぐ冬って感じ」
「ええ、これからお散歩は短めにするのがよさそうね。」
「うん、僕もそうすると思う。じゃあね。」
僕はそう言って話を切り上げた。彼女は会釈をして、外したイヤホンを戻してから、また歩き出した。彼女は僕と同い年ぐらいで、この近所に住んでいるおばあさんをよく会いに来るそうだ。その度に海まで散歩するから、このようなすれ違いがよくおこる。

Replies

Wow all the lyrics fits so well to the songs! Looks like a really fun night.

5 Likes

12月22日

A lot of my writing time today was spent actually writing my last few days of diary entries into my diary.
I usually type them up first and then copy them out once I’m happy that I haven’t made any obvious errors (Though I usually still have :sweat_smile:)
But I’ve had a busy few days so I had 2 days entries to copy out, and then I wrote a short entry for today as well.

日記

今日、仕事でやっとSNSの画像の書類を作り終わった。
今、適当な画像がもう作ってあるか見付け出しやすくなる。

I am not at all confident that that isn’t gibberish. :smiley:

What I’m trying to say is:
Today, at work I finished making a Social Media images document.
Now, it will be easy to find out if we have already made suitable images.

(Home Post)

5 Likes

@lucylavelle I’m pretty swamped with the advent calendar I already committed to plus daily lessons and reviews on WK, Bunpro and SatoriReader. Add to that the holiday get togethers while working at the same time! I’m afraid I’ll burn out if I join another… :sweat_smile: Will definitely join the next! Thank you though!

My goodness this actually sounds awesome. Who changes the song lyrics? And how do you sing along if the lyrics are all different? I’m so curious!

@softlyraining Sounds great! I’ll look out for the poll and happy to do it in March too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Homepost

Last week was a bit hit or miss, but this week I’m doing well keeping up with my grammar challenge. I also had a conversation practice this week where i understood about 90% of the conversation, and I consider that a win, because my conversation partner gets excited and usually starts talking a mile a minute. Depending on the topic, I either follow it or get completely lost, but this week she was telling me about her son’s grandma staying with him in Tokyo, and what they’re doing there, so it was easy to follow.

4 Likes