Ok???

2 Likes

Maybe in a “pie in the sky” kind of way

3 Likes

i feel

dedicated to (:blue_heart:)

3 Likes

What a waste of a perfectly good pie.

I honestly have no idea what that means.

3 Likes

Mkay. I give up. Not that I tried very hard, but I’m really bad with stuff where you have to find a pattern or something like that.
Which is very strange, considering it’s basically my job as a scientist :thinking:

1 Like

Is this something you created? Or did they come from somewhere.

1 Like

I figured the first one, given the clue “few days late”. Another clue - has nothing to do with kanji or japanese in general. It is more of continue the pattern.

大一手一玉持丁仲

2-4 elude me.

4 Likes

Ok, that gives me the first one. Thanks.

1 Like

Oh

3 Likes

I’ve used up all my brain juice this month on the Cryptex Hunt. Wound up finishing in 41st place, which was a little ironic considering my chosen team name.

1 Like

Please give us something in a spoiler tag or something.
I think I figured out 1 and 2 but idk if that is the puzzle or what.

Going a little crazy trying to figure out if I have the answer or am just poking down the wrong rabbit hole.

3 Likes

So I finally stared at these long enough that I think I got the first two. If I do, then this:

亀ー焼ー猿

should follow the first rule, and this:

千古舌古ノ

should follow the second?
The 3rd and 4th I still don’t get…

2 Likes

I added another two examples up top, and a spoiler.

@Leebo I did create them.
@sansarret I think you have it. But they do relate to kanji. At least, they do relate to all of the one word kanji names that we have spent memorizing, and all of the stroke orders that many of us have learned.

I’m at a loss here. Kanji has meaning and reading, let’s say kun and on readings. Looking at those I can’t figure out any obvious pattern here…

My problem with these puzzles is that the objective is so vague.
As I understand the objective is to figure out a way to “post more of your own”, right @RoseWagsBlue?

Some thoughts about the puzzle (potential spoiler)

First type
大一手一玉
大 strokes: 3
一 strokes: 1
手 strokes: 4 (3 + 1)
一 strokes: 1
玉 strokes: 5 (4 + 1)

so is this a series of kanji by the number of strokes?

1 Like

I really did not intend this to be a great challenge …

A few days ago, there was a pi discussion somewhere on the forums. So I thought, what an interesting way to create mnemonics.

So the first type is a mnemonic based on the stroke count.
The second type is a mnemonic based on the number of letters in the English definitions that we have all memorized. Since zero and one and two letter definitions don’t exist, that is replaced by 10 and 11 and 12.

I know you said you weren’t going to give instructions, but I think I would be more inclined to try if I knew what format the answer was supposed to be. Is it one kanji that continues a sequence? Multiple kanji in a sequence? Is it one kanji that the whole thing is hinting to, but not as a sequence? An English word?

Like… that kind of thing, where it could literally be “anything” makes me less interested in trying.

1 Like

I would’ve never understood this myself…

2 Likes