Solving Crosswords for Fun and Profit

I’m thinking ジイン. The clue is " ‘temples’ in ‘shrines and temples’ "

That sounds suspiciously like a good idea.

10-down イナヒカリ (which according to Jisho is N1 vocab…)
7-across ミカヅキ
17-down レッキョ
20-across チャ

6-down ヒミツ
24-down レキシ
20-down チカイ

イナビカリ :wink:

1 Like

Greetings! First timer here. よろしくお願いいたします。

13 down モモンガ
16 across ミギマワリ
16 down ミドリ
20 down チギリ
21 down ゴボウ
26 down ワリイン
28 across フリコ
28 down フク
29 across カミ
33 down ミリン
31 down ゾウリトリ (I discovered searching around that Toyotomi Hideyoshi was a sandal bearer for Oda Nobunaga. I hope this one’s correct.)

Not so sure about these:

2 across ケンゲキ?
therefore 1 down カケユ?
and 1 across カテ?

22 down フユヤマ?
23 across ユアタリ?
27 across リコウ?
29 down カタクリコ?
30 across クン?
32 across リロ?
35 down コウロ?

I could see these puzzles becoming addicting and totally destroying my life.:smile:

1 Like

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: Is… is that the entire rest of the puzzle? Ah, not quite.

Well that’s a curious little bit of history. Not even sure how you managed to find that, but I guess Japanese kids would have learnt it in school…

Hey, if all the cross words work, it’s all good. :smiley:

In the Wikipedia article on 瑞宝章, the captions on the very first images start 勲一等瑞宝章. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, that’s ok. There’s still thirty-six more puzzles to go in this book. :grinning:

34-down ウモウ
Which makes 21-across ゴキンゾウ… which appears to be 金蔵 with a non-standard reading and ご on the front…

Gonna have to come back to this later.

1 Like

I read it in a wiki article about Nobunaga then I entered the word sandal into Jisho which produced several words but ぞうり sounded the best so I plugged that into Jisho and it gave the word ぞうりとり. I hope it works.

A couple more:
9 down テンカビト
3 across ユカイ?

That might be thirty-six too many!

1 Like

15 across セリフ

15-across セリフ
Which makes 15-down セキ… which could be 籍, I guess.
I wanna say 25-down is アジ, but I don’t quite see how アクトウ fits 25-across.
But that does mean 19-across can be ヨウジ as in:

YS4F5

And done. :grinning:

1 Like

Me too. Can’t figure those out either

I don’t mean “I’m so done with this” but rather “this puzzle is finished”. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there an official answer sheet to verify this or are we just hoping it’s OK?:grin:

There’s answers at the back of the book. I’ve been checking them when we’re pretty sure the puzzle is done, or else if we’re particularly stuck.

1 Like

Ah, that’s good to know.

Next puzzle!

5-across サルドシ
4-down タンサンガス
7-across スミ

1 Like

Nooooo!!! I want my life back!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just do a few clues at a time, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Side note, I can’t work out how people are adding the images to the Google sheet without them coming in full-size, so I might leave that for someone else.

1 Like

1-across カイインケン
20-down ケイバ

You can resize images. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but when it’s so big that the distance between the corner dot and the top edge midpoint dot is the entire width of my screen, that’ll take me all day…

:thinking: I don’t get it.

18-down シル
30-down ノウ?

1 Like