Solving Crosswords for Fun and Profit

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: Is… is that the entire rest of the puzzle? Ah, not quite.

Well that’s a curious little bit of history. Not even sure how you managed to find that, but I guess Japanese kids would have learnt it in school…

Hey, if all the cross words work, it’s all good. :smiley:

In the Wikipedia article on 瑞宝章, the captions on the very first images start 勲一等瑞宝章. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, that’s ok. There’s still thirty-six more puzzles to go in this book. :grinning:

34-down ウモウ
Which makes 21-across ゴキンゾウ… which appears to be 金蔵 with a non-standard reading and ご on the front…

Gonna have to come back to this later.

1 Like

I read it in a wiki article about Nobunaga then I entered the word sandal into Jisho which produced several words but ぞうり sounded the best so I plugged that into Jisho and it gave the word ぞうりとり. I hope it works.

A couple more:
9 down テンカビト
3 across ユカイ?

That might be thirty-six too many!

1 Like

15 across セリフ

15-across セリフ
Which makes 15-down セキ… which could be 籍, I guess.
I wanna say 25-down is アジ, but I don’t quite see how アクトウ fits 25-across.
But that does mean 19-across can be ヨウジ as in:

YS4F5

And done. :grinning:

1 Like

Me too. Can’t figure those out either

I don’t mean “I’m so done with this” but rather “this puzzle is finished”. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there an official answer sheet to verify this or are we just hoping it’s OK?:grin:

There’s answers at the back of the book. I’ve been checking them when we’re pretty sure the puzzle is done, or else if we’re particularly stuck.

1 Like

Ah, that’s good to know.

Next puzzle!

5-across サルドシ
4-down タンサンガス
7-across スミ

1 Like

Nooooo!!! I want my life back!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just do a few clues at a time, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Side note, I can’t work out how people are adding the images to the Google sheet without them coming in full-size, so I might leave that for someone else.

1 Like

1-across カイインケン
20-down ケイバ

You can resize images. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but when it’s so big that the distance between the corner dot and the top edge midpoint dot is the entire width of my screen, that’ll take me all day…

:thinking: I don’t get it.

18-down シル
30-down ノウ?

1 Like

Proof that @Belthazar has at least four thumbs…

conspiracy confirmed…:sunglasses::turtle:

Oh, I’m pretty sure all of my fingers have appeared in these photos at least once each. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You heard it here first! Suspect accepts charges!

1 Like