2 Likes

So, while doing my N4 homework:
子供が寝ているうちに、洗濯をしておこう。
Coincidence? I think not.

So did you check it? How’d we do?

Yah, we did good. Full marks. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Next puzzle!

Considering how many clues are パパとママ, I’m a bit concerned it’s going to be a bit tricky. Reckon one of the answers is going to be リョウシン. Not 1-across, though.

I feel like 10-across is シャシン. With more confidence, 23-down is ニシン (which, as an added bonus, works with シャシン). And 14-down could be オヤ.

2 Likes

Hm I guess 14 across is related to 地球温暖化, but it doesn’t fit. おんしつこうか? (green house effect)

2 Likes

13 down could be 焦げ(コゲ, burned)

2 Likes

17↓ キカンシ
22→ シンカ
26↓ トンボ
27→ ボンサイ(?)

3 Likes

That makes 18-across カニ. Ho ho.

31-down カンキコウ
16-across テント

1 Like

Suddenly thinking 1-down is ファミリーレストラン

That gives us a lot of first letters to base cross words off. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

3→ リビング
11↓ フィアンセ
1→ フウフ
12→ センス
15↓ グンテ
21↓ スンシ
29↓ イカ

9↓ ツジツマ

Yeah, I had a feeling the middle character of 12-across was going to be ン

5-across スジコ
6-across トツゲキ
Thus 13-down コゲ

Thinking 20-across is ナツ. Then 19-down could be オトナ, maybe?

So, when it’s a ゃ it can also be used as や?

25➝ How about ネイビー?
Not confident, but I found a few articles about business casual saying ノーネクタイ and ネイビー スーツ.

Although the secret word could be けっこんしき.

Probably 25➝ けいかい then, casual (e.g. dress)

Surely, 33↓ ends in なき, but うそなき and そらなき don’t really fit.

Yep. One of the rules of Japanese crosswords - small characters and normal characters are equivalent. And a katakana long-vowel character can represent different vowels at the same time.

You literally just suggested a word which put a か as the second character of 33-down, so surely you’d want to suggest words that fit that pattern. :slightly_smiling_face: If it helps any, I’m fairly sure えーんえーん is the sound of a baby’s cry.

Would like to posit アオイキトイキ for 2-across, but I’m not overjoyed with either that or the resulting ウオ for 8-down.

1 Like

足に目ができて痛い I have an eye on my foot and it hurts.

Plantar warts otherwise known as fish eyes.

Other forms

魚 【うお】

1 Like

Yeah, I know that. I learned a lot about babies and why they don’t shed tears until later, but nothing that helps in the crossword puzzle. :joy:

On the other hand,
32➝ うかい 鵜飼い

Cormorant fishing is a traditional fishing method in which fishermen use trained cormorants to fish in rivers. Historically, cormorant fishing has taken place in Japan and China from around 960 AD. and recorded from other places throughout the world.

And works with,
35↓ うか 羽化

emergence (of insects); growing wings and flying

What do you think about this? :joy:

Also, nevermind 25➝ けいかい
36↓ きょういくいいんかい 教育委員会 :ok_hand:

Aww, I’ve been trying to think of a word for a butterfly that’d fit, but I didn’t think of the actual act of emerging.

Aww, I was literally just about to post that. :stuck_out_tongue:

30-across is カナイ
25-across could be ケイソウ, though that’d make 33-down ウソナキ and 33-across ウオ, again,

This has proved simpler than I expected. Only three words to go.

1 Like

うよ 紆余, but yes.
meandering; winding​

曲がりくねる
to bend many times; to turn and twist; to zigzag​