So i resubbed after 3 years

恐縮です🙇
これからも頑張ります

So I’m at level 24 too, just where you were when you stopped. It feels hard moving on from here. Did 2 levels in 2 weeks at the end of the summer and felt completely overloaded with reviews when I got back to work! Stopped lessons for most of the last 6 weeks which has been nice as the reviews have dropped down to being manageable.

Started doing 3 lessons a day the last week, but it’s going to be a long way to level 60 at that pace!

1 Like

one problem was that i forgot the contents of those last few levels.

to work off my mountain, i faced the reviews with the reorder script, contents sorted by level, to see where my troubles would begin, and lvl 20 would be my turning point, so i reset to there. doing so wasn’t a big loss, a mere month of repetition after 3 years absence is tolerable, and it gave me a chance to re-learn them slowly. it also gave me the feeling of being in control again.

the 20er levels are terrible to “pick up on the fly”. lvl 20 alone has 余 of new stuff i had started to forget (with decay starting at the newest items), and i 被 a lot of 害 (ha!). it just felt like the perfect re-entry point.

1 Like

so i’ll be back where i left off 3 years ago tonight.
i since had one recurrence of the 500er stack and will have another in 2 weeks or so, but these items don’t scare me anymore, they’re easy now and i will burn them.
they’re currently sitting in master and will be enlightened after the next round.

i will level up to 24 in 3 hours, at 2am, but that’s fine. learning a bunch of radicals is no problem :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can do it. I believe in you.

2 Likes

i’m confident. let’s remember the crazy old days when we’re 60 and look back :sunny:

Let’s share the big cake :cake: together!

2 Likes

looking forward to that. let’s rock :wink:

Congratulations and welcome back!
I neglected practice for a few months and only recently came back to 1200 reviews - currently working through them now. Once I got stuck into it, I started burning kanji for the first time ever, which really renewed my vigour, and now this success story has really got me pumped.

2 Likes

it’s definitely doable, and if i can do it, anyone can :slight_smile: working full-time, i only got 2 chances at reviews… before and after work :slight_smile:

1 Like

so i survived the new system without going under, still on track for my 2018er goal of reaching lvl 30. it seems to still be doable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.