So I gave up on level 8 for 5 months but want to start back

Going through this process right now - abandoned WK on level 23 back in April, accumulated over 2000 reviews, and am now getting back into the swing of things. I didn’t really fancy resetting or restarting, so what I’m doing is as follows:

• Churn through all the reviews. It takes a while, but you’ll get there eventually! You’ll have forgotten A LOT, but don’t fret, you’ll get it back again soon. And hey, you’ll probably remember quite a bit too, and it might even get you a bunch of burned items. Aim for 100 a day, or more if you’re keen. Just get them done!

• Use a couple of userscripts to test burned items from way back when. You’ll probably have forgotten a bunch of stuff that WK thinks you have burned into your memory. I don’t trust myself that much. So I used a combo of userscripts to test myself, and to reset forgotten stuff:
    **** To quiz yourself on burned items (or non-burned as well, if you wanna): [Userscript] Self-Study Quiz
    *** To bulk reset items from burned: [Userscript] Burn Manager (Review / Resurrect / Retire)

• At this point, my Apprentice items had gone up from 50 back when I’d quit, to over 500. I saw similar increases in my Guru items. Pretty grim. Now you just do reviews as normal, checking the mnemonics and notes to reignite those dim memories. No new lessons just yet. Your Apprentice items will eventually go up to Guru, and some Guru items may fall down to Apprentice. Just keep going!

• Once your Apprentice items are at a manageable level (50-100 or so), get back into those lessons. At this point, you should be back on track.

3 Likes