So, does this count?

I just got my copy of Yakuza Kiwami 2 last night!

Does playing a Japanese game where all the talking and writing is in Japanese count as studying?

The entire series is my favorite immersion media.

I mean, it IS totally cool to stroll around Tokyo solving your problems by beating up punks, right?

6 Likes

3E8FCED6-B85D-485C-BC8D-A666C5787FAB

6 Likes

tumblr_p3ozad4PE81skp6koo8_r1_250

And how is it???

Nearly finished 0 on pc this time…kiwami 2 is next!!
Also super hyped for 3, 4 and 5 to be upgraded to ps4.
Have you played them all??

3 Likes

I’ve only put about 30 minutes into Kiwami 2, and all I can say for sure is that Kamurocho looks better than it ever has!

So far I’ve played:
Kiwami 1
4 (on PS Now on my PS4)
5 (on PS Now on my PS4)

I will probably buy 3, 4, and 5 when they come out for the PS4. Sadly, I don’t think they use the Dragon engine, but they do use the engine used for 0, so it’ll be fine.

1 Like

Hopefully, this time Sega will actually have a physical release in the West for 5 – the PS3 version was digital only.

The whole series is up my alley, but due to my massive backlog, I’ve instead watched my boyfriend play the games. I do like beat-em-ups, though, so it’s really a question of lack of time.

1 Like

Yakuza is the best. Period. Absolute yes from me!

2 Likes

What’s your favourite mini game??

Love a bit of disco and karaoke… and bloody despise Space Harrier (╬ Ò ‸ Ó)

Does the first game hold up? We got a ps2 recently, and I’m looking for games to get for it… (haven’t played 0 or any of the others)

Think you will be quite hard pressed to get an original ps2 copy of Yakuza 1 or 2 now- I think they sell at like $60 or something from third parties e.g ebay…

I wouldn’t play it on PS2. The first game has been remade entirely for the PS4 and it’s glorious. Though you really ought to start with Yakuza 0, also on PS4.

I don’t have a ps4 though :woman_shrugging: (or a decent pc)

If the original game is around the same price as the remake though, I guess I can wait until I eventually get one…

1 Like

The remake is only $30, so… But maybe by the time you get a PS4, Yakuza 0 will be $30.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.