Skipping radical?

Since Chinese was my first language, I am already familiar with the radicals. In fact I had learned a set of mnemonics for the radicals as a kid in Chinese. Trying to learn a second set of mnemonics seems redundant and rather confusing.

I do love the idea of SRS and WaniKani, it would be nice to have an option to skip the radical section and go straight into kanji and vocab.

You could add synonyms to what you already know them as, and blow through them.
Beyond that, this (and for kanji) has been suggested roughly 47,528 times.

5 Likes

The WaniKani radicals are often unique to WaniKani. Iā€™m pretty sure you donā€™t know all of them, because WK puts together unique combinations, or gives them unique names at various times.

The system isnā€™t really designed with someone coming from Chinese in mind, unfortunately.

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a user on this site who explains that he just sets ā€œfakeā€ as a synonym for every radical because he doesnā€™t care about them. You could try doing the same :slight_smile: , but youā€™d still have to review them in order to progress so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a very useful hack! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.