Skip vocab to ensure fast leveling?

I think OP understands how it works and is saying that they only want to do this because the kanji they are encountering are things they already know. Even says they wouldn’t recommend it for a beginner. Consider that there are many ways to use WK and doing all the vocab reviews can be a waste of time if you truly already know the kanji from the early levels.

Ultimately OP needs to decide what they want to get out of WK, and if they are okay with skipping some vocab that’s their call.

I would however suggest taking a look at this guide first: My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 ) - #2 by jprspereira by @jprspereira

particularly look at sections 4 - 6 which are about setting a schedule and finding the right pace for your goals. You may find that you don’t need to skip any vocab while going full speed (in fact this is 100% possible and realistic). I don’t know your background in Japanese so it’s difficult to say whether or not doing all the vocab is valuable for you, but by not skipping it’s possible that you could learn some vocab you didn’t already know.

Hope that helps some, that guide has been an amazing tool for a ton of people in the community. Best of luck on your Journey through Japanese!

EDIT: Grammar and Spelling

16 Likes