Site Formatting Broken - Windows 10

Oh, the cert I showed the Details tab of was from the parent Bitdefender cert, not the actual WaniKani cert.

Bitdefender isnā€™t the certificate authority on their certificate, COMODO is, at least according to my browser. So, my guess is your browser is rejecting the connections because the supplied certificate doesnā€™t match up with what itā€™s expecting. Is it possible that your bitdefender is intercepting all your web requests and then forwarding them with its own certificates?

1 Like

I had just thought the authority varies depending on how your internet traffic is being filtered. So itā€™d be Bitdefender for me, Comodo for you, and different things for other people. At least, according to my limited understanding. Itā€™s certainly possible Bitdefenderā€™s the root cause of the issues, but I canā€™t be 100% sure one way or another.

Bitdefender must have messed something up with their certificate. Remove it from Windows and/or the Mozilla certificate store and you should be good to go.

1 Like

Certificate Authorities are services companies hire to sign certificates, and theyā€™re done in such a way that they canā€™t be tampered with without someone noticing. A certificate that isnā€™t signed by a trusted Root CA is a good sign that thereā€™s something intercepting your traffic, and i just stumbled on a reddit post that sounds a bit similar to you:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.