Simple writing practice sheets

Success!!! Love the vocab cards. The full sheet is nice as is (uncut) for a review. Love the layout and clean look. Thank you again.

1 Like

Thanks once again! And Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you too!!!

Wanted to share this with you!!!

I love writing and miss it. So I printed levels 6-30 only then took that to be bound at the print shop for $4.99! And there you have it, a WK writing booklet. I’m so happy with it. Thank you. I wrote the English on the bottom of the page. It’s nice that you didn’t include it because it’s like an exercise.

I find that the sample kanji is helpful to refer to. I’m able to compare my writing with the sample. Sometimes I noticed I added a hook etc. I can see how the placement and sizing should be. It’s helpful because Japanese students have the teacher point out little things like that in school. However, self learners need to do that on their own.

Thank you again for sharing your projects.

I’m trying to remember who made the pages I used for the booklet on the left. I’ll search and add it once I find it. Or if someone knows who made those sheets, please share.

I know it’s the same thing in the website, but sometimes old school is nice. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s fantastic! And I love Totoro on the cover! Not to mention your writing skills… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added some calligraphy practice sheets for working on your brush work! I’m really happy with the way they turned out. They are made with a really nice font that was hand drawn by a calligraphy master named Norio Nagayama. There’s a bunch of two kanji words – mostly Buddhist terms and names from the Buddhist tradition, but some more generic kinds of things you might want to write in calligraphy (I have a set of holiday cards I have been working on, that will end up as Chinese New Year cards at this point!), and some terms from Dogen (NOT the youtube guy, but the orginal, the founder of the Soto school of zen). If anyone has any two character words or terms they’d like included let me know and I can add them!

You can print them on newsprint too – at least it worked on my printer. It’s a nice, lightweight paper that can be gotten from art supply stores and works well for calligraphy practice – plus it’s cheap.

Letter size

A4 Size

1 Like

I recently picked up an amazing brush pen and have been enjoying working on smaller calligraphic writing, so I figured I should make some brush practice sheets! Here’s a sample, the other levels are available at the link in the first post. I also recently added some kana practice sheets. Enjoy!

1 Like

Hello. Im not too clever at computers and stuff is there a way you can send these sheets to an app so that you can practice writting them on a tablet? Is it possible to send them to One Note. Or please can you suggest a way which is efficient and affective please as im struggling to find an effective method and organising my own learning method.