Show Us Your Handwriting -- In Japanese

^ working on some leeches

8 Likes

I’m not to the point where I’m writing full sentences yet, but here’s some kanji from last year.

46 Likes

I miss gel pens now.

15 Likes

I love how neat your notes are! :star_struck: Those pen colors look great against the black paper. I’m really envious.

5 Likes

That is the coolest looking pen/paper combo ever :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Soooo purty. And such nicely composed photos, as well!

2 Likes

What should I try writing? :thinking:

It’s cute.
Nice pens and writing style.

Chapter 1 vocabulary from Genki 1

Edit: I realize 英語 is a little bit wrong, oops

8 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

21 Likes

Wow that is disciplined!

2 Likes

Here’s my scrawl… prefer to drill my vocab / kanji in pencil at the moment, but that may well change when I have to start writing out the more complicated kanjis. I hate my ふ and う’s… really seem to struggle with writing those still.

1 Like

At risk of sounding kinda like a jerk, here goes…
Your う and ふ looks fine (imo the ふ could use some work though). If anything, I’d take another look at your い and 八 cause while that’s how they may be printed, that is not how they are usually hand written. Aside from that, looking pretty awesome! If I had to nitpick anything else, it’d be 入

2 Likes

I welcome the constructive criticism - thank you. :slight_smile:

Maybe one day it will be consistent and beautiful.

4 Likes

These are bit illegible to me, cause I’m not great at reading quick-handwritten kanji, but I really like the feel of some of these.

I probably should have had it typed out too, now that you mention it.

真の儀の最大の美徳は他を悟る事と他に悟らるゝ事也。

ゝ (like 々, but for hiragana)

儀 (Actually replacing an older Chinese character not in joyo or jinmeiyo. What I wrote is also not correct; there are some missing strokes.)

So, I don’t really want to spend too much time on this, so here’s a simple sentence. Also, this was drawn on Krita on a drawing tablet with 'Undo" used so this is not really accurate to my writing, but I wanted to participate so… here you go.

4 Likes