Show Us Your Handwriting -- In Japanese

Example of me actually trying to write well (an essay for my college Japanese class):

21 PM

3 Likes

Posting here after some time to check my progress:

10 Likes

What do you guys think?

皆さんどう思いますか?
ちょっと急いで書いたけどかなりよくできたと思います
ちなみに日本語を毎日シャワーを浴びてる時に壁に書いて練習します。湯気がガラスの壁を曇るから書いた文字が見えます。そのせいでシャワーが長くなりますけどね
もちろんちゃんとした練習もしてます〜
それにもう一つ:日本語の間違いを正してください〜

6 Likes

I write with my left hand. I’ve been told that makes writing kana harder. Is it any good? Also, please excuse any errors. It’s seriously been forever since I’ve written this much.

4 Likes

Also, OP, this is the best topic ever :smiley: I love looking at people’s handwriting!

5 Likes

Oooh. I’m reading through threads and now I’m curious as to why this is.
There’s an ongoing debate on how そ should be written around me, too.

2 Likes

I too am curious. I wasn’t aware that there might be strong feelings on the matter. I happen to write そ the second way as well, but that’s because I learned to write my kana from a native, and I just copied his style.

The only thing I will actively fight someone over are き and さ, which ought to be written with the bottom sections detached. Four and three strokes, respectively.

4 Likes

I write them the way computers do, because that’s where I learned… which is not detached. Sorry

2 Likes

I know you said to excuse errors, so I won’t give unsolicited advice, but can I ask what you were trying to write for かながとても(can’t tell)と思います?

I thik its supposed to be 下手へた

probably 「仮名がとても下手と思います」

Here’s mine. I had them on my phone already so~

IMG_6508

5 Likes

Trial #1

Trial #2

Sorry, had to post as soon as possible…

Even if I didn’t include all the kana characters, but I had shown my writing in three sets of Japanese writing.

4 Likes

Yes, this. Sorry! :see_no_evil:

also, advice welcome!

As my teacher always complained, my kanji “lack balance”

25 Likes

Ooooh it’s so pretty!

2 Likes

After looking at all of these… I need to practise writing…

3 Likes

@Caracal
Your え looks like a そ tipped on its side with a dash on top! I wouldn’t have thought those were similar.

And yet, when I draw え, I used to think I was drawing a wiggly star and I struggled to differentiate it from を, which is like a star plus comet. Sort of. When I wrote I often found myself trying to write the wrong one.

My handwriting six months ago :joy:

And this is my handwriting now

I think I improved a lot :joy::joy::joy:
And I can’t stand writing か,と and の and I don’t know why :joy::joy: I just don’t like to draw the round part before the straight line (か,と)
What is this abomination

11 Likes