Show me your books!

I cannot show you my books - I am in the middle of packing to move - I will look at all of your beautiful shelves of books instead, and endeavor to actually fit all of my Japanese books into the same shelf in our next place (I had them sharing with my French books because I didn’t have many when we moved in here. I now have many, spread across multiple shelves on multiple floors of the house).

4 Likes

美しいな

2 Likes

I saw the thread in my unread topics so since I had some screenshots, I decided to show them off.

14 Likes

Finding this version of LOTR was super lucky. I just went to the local bookstore here and said “Do you guys have the LOTR collection?” and they said that we can order it. I did not have a clue at the time it is leatherback such as this (which was really nice surprise).

6 Likes

what a lovely surprise ^-^ they’re gorgeous!

1 Like

Very nice editions of Vagabond! Are those the hardcover volumes?

1 Like

These ones are softcover.

2 Likes

I keep mine in different places but my husband and I have his and her nerd shelves. I thought them a fitting place for my Japanese volumes of Love is Hard for Otaku

15 Likes

I see some interesting Switch games in the top right corner! What are these? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those are from my LE editions of some otome games which are visual novels that have a female main character and usually 5 male love interests. You make choices during the story which determines which love interest the main character can end up with. There are multiple endings, some happy, some sad, some tragic depending on what you choose. The text is in English but the voice work is in Japanese which makes it good for listening practice. Now I’ll summarize the ones on my shelf

Cupid Parasite is a rom com story and very funny. Cupid wants to prove to her dad that humans can fall in love on their own. So she comes down to the human realm and gets a job as a bridal advisor for a company that runs a dating app. Her boss tells her she can earn a promotion if she can get five hopeless guys to the alter. Hilarity ensues.

Collar x Malice is much more serious. A terrorist organization is killing people in Shinjuku so they have to quarantine and figure out what is going on. The MC is a cop and she works with the love interests on the side to solve the crime because the enemy organization put an explosive collar on her that they will detonate unless she figures it out.

The last one on there is called Bustafellows. That one is funny and serious depending on which route you follow but the MC can travel back in time.

I also have the Japanese version of Rune Factory Five.

I just want to finish by saying that there is this idea in some circles that otome games are smutty but this isn’t the case at all. Actually a lot of the localized ones are pretty light on the romance. But they are fun and a good read!

Sorry for the novel!

8 Likes

I finally went to a Japanese bookstore today. I am surprised and happy (and they are cheap) I found these two. 1. Sakura Momoko is my no. one favourite cartoonist. 2. I sadly haven’t got a chance to watch this move.

IMG_7893

19 Likes

New stuff just arrived:

21 Likes

This will definitely look different in a month as I just now realize I have 7 books arriving soonish :sweat_smile: but I’ll keep forgetting to post otherwise.

Left and right

Right side close up for figures

Left side showing the shelves covered by the front moving shelves.

other

@Belthazar

What I ended up doing because I couldn’t have an all my sharks net

Also I need a bigger net for the other side…

They fell pretty quickly

21 Likes

Anyone want to play spot the difference to find the new books?

Hint: there are 7 pictured

@TrinityBringer @saibaneko
Let’s go!

whoops, spoilers

10 Likes

too hard but congrats on jojo a gogo!

the artwork is just sublime. i still remember the shock tomcat and i had at first when watching the anime. it was the eyes that got me lol. and the noses. took ages to get used to but once you’re used to it, it’s pretty amazing!

love the sharks. missed them out first time. can’t wait to show blue. i lurve the rainbow dots!

2 Likes

It’s so amazing and beautiful. Looking back, I can’t understand how I disliked it prior to watching the anime

I hope he enjoys the sharks :smiley:

2 Likes

i never disliked it. i remember it was a feeling of rejection instead. a gut instinct of some sorts. i was like “nope… nope, nope, nope…”. but the fascination easily won over and now i love it.

2 Likes

This is my little Japanese shelf :blush: I have all the Yotsuba volumes in Japanese and English because that series gives me so much joy! I’m definitely guilty of hoarding a little though… I need to get down to reading! :muscle:

14 Likes

Not everyday my shelves look presentable, so gotta use the chances I get.

15 Likes

Here it is… I feel guilty as I barely started some of the books but it’s fineeee…

18 Likes