Short Grammar Questions

I thought they just meant in the context of ordering food? I totally agree it would sound weird replying to 元気ですか like that but I always used it when shopping or in restaurants if you didn’t need something, like a bag or another drink. And I picked that up from what Japanese speakers were saying.

Yeah, 結構です is a perfectly normal and polite way to turn down food.

なるほどね
I tried to get a little more context, but that guy deleted his post. :confused:

I got another one!

Here’s a line of dialogue where the speakers drunk, is anyone familiar with some of the little alterations they’re making here?

ズバリ、今回の敵の狙いッに決まってんだろッがよォ。これまでァ、他の候補者って連中たァ小競り合いも起こっちゃいなかったが

According to stackexchange
In 今回の敵の狙いッ, the ending ッ indicates the word is being cut off. Supposed to emphasize the word like an exclamation point.

I’m not sure at the ァ in これまでァ, I’m guessing it’s something similar?

Also with 連中た, why is there an extra た?

Would appreciate if someone could clear these up, I’m only used to reading newspapers and I totally don’t get Japanese slang.

Are both sentences grammatically correct with the same meaning?

どれの アメリカのビールですか。= Which American beer?

どの アメリカのビールですか。= Which American beer?

I don’t think どれの is correct.
There aren’t any sentences containing どれの on Jisho, and I couldn’t find anything on google with どれのビール or just どれの 文法
When connected to a noun, I think it always turns into どの
However, when どちら and どっち are connected, you just add の to the end :slight_smile:

That’s what I thought but どれの is the correct answer in a solution set I am working from :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

Nevermind! I found an explanation on Imabi
My bad :sweat_smile:

Genki I with Kanji! (Lesson 2, MIT OCW)

Ah thank you so much!! That website was very helpful. Leave it to MIT professors to come up with questions with obsure grammar points :sweat_smile:

(I am using their free online resources to study Genki)